- Since "Guard Penalty" can only replace itself, it merely serves as Deck filler, making the player get through their Deck quicker. Chaining it to cards like "Mystical Space Typhoon" can result in the opponent losing a card at no loss to the player. However "Jar of Greed" is much less situational and can be used to the same effect, although as a trap, it is a slower and more vulnerable alternative.
- Cards which can be used to meet "Guard Penalty's requirement include the "Morphtronics", "Black Stego", "Submarineroid", "Little-Winguard", "Des Lacooda", "Spear Dragon", "Desert Sunlight" and "Goblin Attack Force".
- You can select one of your own monsters, switch it to defense position and then draw 1 card.
- This cards works well with "Stumbling".
- You can use this card with "Karakuri" monsters.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.