- Most monster cards opponents are likely to be using will have higher ATK than DEF, so don't count on this card to do a lot of damage to the opponent based on its effect alone. It is, however, extremely handy against those opponents that do happen to be playing defensively, and it is also the only "Gladiator Beast" that does burn damage at all, so it's handy against opponents using card effects that prevent them from taking Battle Damage.
- This card can be used to improve on the effect of "Gladiator Beast Darius", if you already have "Gladiator Beast Spartacus" on the field. By using the resurrected monster as a component for "Gaiodiaz", and then splitting "Gaiodiaz" at the end of the Battle Phase, you will gain two "Gladiator Beast" monsters for the effective cost of one.
- The effects of "Elemental HERO Prisma" or "Phantom of Chaos" can help you summon this monster without the double step of summoning "Spartacus" first.
- If this monster destroys an Attack Position monster that has more DEF than ATK, the total amount of damage will exceed its ATK. Use "Inverse Universe" (before summoning "Gaiodiaz"), "Stop Defense", or similar cards to set up the battle in your favor.
- If you summon "Gladiator Beast Hoplomus" to your opponents side of the field in attack mode with "Trojan Gladiator Beast", you will of course be able to draw, but if "Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz" attacks him, you will do 1900 points of battle damage plus another 2100 for the burn effect equaling 4,000 points.
- If you can get a successful battle with this monster but still need to clear your opponent's field, use one of this monster's tag summons on "Gladiator Beast Bestiari"; a summon that can't be done by the other "Gladiator Beast" Fusion monsters, except "Gladiator Beast Nerokius", which requires three GB monsters to summon. After "Bestiari" destroys a Spell/Trap Card, summon "Gladiator Beast Gyzarus" to destroy two more. You'll still have a high-level beatstick, and your opponent will be out at least three cards.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.