- This card can be searched by "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Transmodify", "Painful Escape", "Ties of the Brethren", "Broken Blocker", "Soul Rope", "Resonator Engine", "Vampire Dragon", "Summoner Monk", "Dragunity Corsesca", "Red Sparrow Summoner", "Reinforcement of the Army", "Freed the Matchless General", "Dark General Freed", "Field-Commander Rahz", "Red Sparrow Summoner", "Dragodies, the Empowered Warrior", "Creeping Darkness", "Mystic Tomato", "Chaos Zone", "Gaia, the Mid-Knight Sun" and "Exchange of Night and Day".
- Use "Creature Swap" to switch this card to your opponent, so you can inflict direct damage and decrease the ATK of 1 monster your opponent controls by 1000 until the End Phase.
- Use cards that can switch monsters to Defense Position like "Curse of Anubis" or "Stumbling" to ensure that when you use Ghost Gardna's redirecting effect, you take no battle damage from it.
- Equipping "Heart of Clear Water" or "Mist Body" will create a defense that protects all of your monsters.
- If you have another monster out, use this card in conjunction with "Seal of Orichalcos" to create a battle lock.
- This is a great card to bring back with "Dark Horus". With 1900 DEF, it's not going to get destroyed by battle easily,and even if it does, you can reduce the ATK of another monster down to the point where it can still offer protection.
- "Generation Shift" is a good card to play with this card, by sending the selected "Ghost Gardna" to the graveyard its effect will allow one monster on your opponents side of the field to lose 1000 ATK giving you a chance to attack it with another monster and also summon another "Ghost Gardna" to the field.
- This is a good card to use in a Venom stall deck, as its 0 ATK prevents it from being destroyed by "Venom Swamp", and its ability to make your opponents monsters target it protects the relatively weak Venom monsters.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.