- This card can be incredible in an Elemental Hero Fusion Deck—especially if you plan on using "Elemental Hero The Shining".
- Try adding Parallel World Fusion, too.
- This card works well with Return from the Different Dimension.
- Use this card with Dimension Explosion.
- This card CANNOT be negated by Solemn Warning. This is due to Fusion Gate not including Special Summoning in its effect text.
- This card is the 2nd Fusion Card that can't be negated by cards that negate cards that include Special Summoning (the 1st being Super Polymerization, which can't be negated at all).
- This card and Super Polymerization ultimately allow a Fusion Monster to be Summoned without fail, though it is still vulnerable to being destroyed by cards such as Bottomless Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, Compulsory Evacuation Device, etc.
- This card has numerous ways, when combined with Chain Material, to create an OTK:
- This card can be used with Chain Material and Catapult Turtle or Cannon Soldier for an OTK by continuously Fusion Summoning monsters and Tributing them. If you tribute Electrum, you can bring out another by using the tributed Electrum and The Shining to bring out a second Shining, then send the banished Fusions back to the extra deck by bringing out a second Electrum.
- There are 2 potential OTKs with this duo in an Elemental HERO deck:
- Fenix-Electrum OTK: Fuse an "Elemental HERO Heat" and "Cyber Dragon" (or any other Machine-Type monster) from your Deck to Summon "Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird". Use it's effect to inflict at least 300 damage to your opponent. Then, fuse that "Fenix" with another Machine from your Deck for more damage. Once again, fuse "Fenix" to play your last one. Then, Fusion Summon "Elemental HERO Electrum" to recycle your banished "Fenix"s and Fusion Materials. From there, keep fusing into Fenix until your opponent hits 0. If needed, you can fuse "Electrum" with "Fenix" to play "Elemental HERO Nova Master". This way, you can recycle your "Electrums" and use "Nova Master" as Material for "Fenix".
- Gustav-Electrum OTK: This OTK is done by fusing "Elemental HERO Avian", "Elemental HERO Burstinatrix", "Elemental HERO Bubbleman" and "Elemental HERO Clayman" from your Deck to play "Elemental HERO Electrum". Repeat this to play a second "Electrum". "Electrum" will recycle all of your Fusion Materials, so you only need 1 set of HEROes to do this. Overlay both of them to Xyz Summon "Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max". Use "Gustav's" effect to deal 2000 damage to your opponent and detach one of your "Electrums". Then, banish "Gustav" with the detached "Electrum" and Fusion Summon "Elemental HERO Gaia". Then, fuse the 4 HEROes from your Deck to play your final "Electrum". He'll recycle your banished Gustav and all of your HEROes, including the other 2 "Electrum"s. Now, repeat this combo until your opponent is out of Life Points.
- A useful tip is to add Elemental Hero Neos and Rainbow Dragon to your deck for Rainbow Neos, which can get rid of your opponent's spell and trap cards.
- Alternatively, you can opt to only play 2 "Gem-Knight Ruby"s with "Zirconia" and just use a card like "Sparks" or "Ookazi" to inflict the last 100 damage needed. This also would enable you to pull off the combo without "Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment".
- If you use "Heart of the Underdog", then you may be able to summon a lot of Fusion Monsters that require Normal Monsters as fusion materials. You can use this combo in an Elemental HERO deck.
- You can combine "Fusion Gate" and "Chain Material" in a Gem-Knight deck with "Ring of Destruction" and "Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment" for an OTK. Summon 3 "Gem-Knight Rubys" and 1 "Gem-Knight Zirconia". Tribute "Zirconia" for the first "Ruby" to give it an ATK of 5400. Tribute that one for the second "Ruby", giving it 7900. Then, again, for a 10400 ATK monster. Flip "Enchantment" and "Ring" to deal over 10,000 damage to your opponent.
- While the above combo can inflict 8000 damage plus battle damage, it might not be enough, or can be stopped if your opponent has a pesky card. Giant Trunade, Heavy Storm, or [[[Masked Hero Acid]], can help with any dangerous spell/trap cards. If you add in 2 Elemental Hero Absolute Zero, you can loop the effect damage indefinitely while clearing the opponent's field of monsters. First, summon Absolute Zero, then use him for Acid if you can, who will together get rid of your opponent's field. Then follow the loop, up to summoning Gaia. Use Gaia with Acid/Absolute Zero to bring out the second Absolute Zero (and possibly clear your opponents monsters). Then summon the third Electrum and repeat this loop with without the first Absolute Zero summoning (you already have one on the field).
- This card is good with Dimension Fusion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.