- You can Fusion Summon this card with "Dragon's Mirror".
- Due to the card's erratum, "Future Fusion" cannot gather the Fusion Materials for this card until the second turn. Make sure to protect it with "Imperial Custom", "White Dragon Ninja", "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" (Although it only protects "Future Fusion" from Spells), or "Dark Magician the Dragon Knight".
- Combo "D. Tribe" and/or "DNA Surgery" (declaring Dragon-Type) with "Scapegoat" to allow easy access to Fusion Materials.
- OR, you can forgo "Scapegoat" in the above combo and use your opponent's monsters instead, if you use "Super Polymerization".
- Use both "DNA Transplant" and "Mist Body" upon this card, and then, it can't be destroyed by battle at all.
- "Dimension Guardian" can prevent destruction of this card almost completely, leaving your opponent's removal strategies more limited.
- Cards like "Dragon's Rage", "Big Bang Shot" or "Fairy Meteor Crush" can help this card inflict massive damage to your opponent, no matter what battle position their monsters are in.
- In a "Gandora" Deck, use "Future Fusion" to reveal this card and send 5 Dragons, including 3 differently-named "Gandora" monsters to the Graveyard. Even if you don't summon this card, "Gandora Giga Rays the Dragon of Destruction" will be able to apply its third effect.
- If you have "Lord of D." or "King Dragun" on the field, "Five-Headed Dragon" can't be targeted by Spell, Trap or monster effects.
- Summoning this card can be useful for sending Dragons to the Graveyard to power up "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon" or "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon".
- "Painful Choice" can easily deposit Dragons into the Graveyard for the usage of "Dragon's Mirror".
- This is a great card to use as a Tribute for "The Tyrant Neptune", as it can gain this card's ATK and effect. Tributing "Hardened Armed Dragon" in addition to this combo will grant "The Tyrant Neptune" additional protection.
- You can use "DNA Surgery" along with "Super Polymerization" to Summon "Five-Headed Dragon". Use "DNA Surgery" to declare all monsters on the field to Dragon-Type, then use "Super Polymerization" to either on your opponent's or your own monsters to bring out "Five-Headed Dragon". It is also very effective to use your opponent's monsters as Fusion Materials, so that way, they won't have any monsters to defend from a direct attack.
- In a "Buster Blader" Deck, "Buster Dragon" can make the opponent's monsters Dragons, allowing for them to be used to summon this card with "Super Polymerization".
- "Dimension Fusion" or "Return from the Different Dimension" can be used to Summon the Fusion Materials that were banished by "Dragon's Mirror".
- In a Dragon Ruler/Lightsworn Deck, you can Special Summon all 4 of the Dragon Rulers after using "Judgment Dragon's" effect to destroy all other cards on the field. After attacking with them(Or not, if their LP is already 5000 or less), you can Fusion Summon this card with "Flash Fusion" and attack directly for an OTK.
- You can also banish all 5 of them with "Dragon's Mirror" to summon this card.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.