- Using this card in response to an opponents card effect can be extremely effective, especially if they use a card that would destroy a Fish-Type monster such as "Lightning Vortex" or "Sakuretsu Armor".
- Fish-Type monsters summoned by the effect of "Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth" cannot attack and have their effects negated, making them ideal tributes for this card.
- Use this card on "Oyster Meister", preferably when targeted by an effect, to draw a card, destroy another, AND get a token for tribute fodder, etc.
- If you have a decent amount of WATER monsters on the field, tribute "Deepsea Macrotrema" for "Fish Depth Charge" to destroy a card and make your monsters gain 500 ATK.
- Without "Fishborg Blaster", "Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth" may be vulnerable to cards such as "Effect Veiler". If it gets targeted by Effect Veiler, you can activate this card to tribute it; its effect will still resolve normally and you can also destroy a card the opponent controls and draw 1.
- Use this card after "Big Jaws" attack then tribute "Big Jaws" for exchange for destroying and drawing one card.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.