- This card can be searched by "Dark Sage", “Ancient Gear Drill”, "Alchemic Magician", “Angmarl the Fiendish Monarch”, and “Left Arm Offering”.
- Cards that can be used to stall include:
- 1 Turn: "Battle Fader", "One Day of Peace", "Swift Scarecrow", "Threatening Roar", "Waboku", "Zero Gardna".
- 2+ Turns: "Messenger of Peace", "Mystic Mine", "Nightmare's Steelcage", "Swords of Revealing Light".
- Cannot die by battle: "Arcana Force 0 - The Fool", "Marshmallon", "Spirit Reaper".
- Highly situational: "Book of Eclipse", "Cyber Larva", "Cyber Valley", "Frozen Soul", "Negate Attack", "Thunder of Ruler", "Winged Kuriboh".
- Have "The Dark Door" on the field along with a card with once-per-turn protection or "Gravekeeper's Servant" on the field along with "Macro Cosmos" or "Dimensional Fissure" to stop all of your opponent's attacks.
- "Pyro Clock of Destiny" can be used to speed up the win condition by 1 turn; however, 1-turn stall cards like those listed above are generally better since they are useful even before "Final Countdown" has been drawn.
- If you do use "Pyro Clock of Destiny", aim for using only 1 copy for maximum utility, as winning after 19 turns have passed is essentially the same as winning after 18 turns (since the 19th turn is your turn and you can just pass it). A second "Pyro Clock of Destiny" will be nearly useless unless you draw and activate a third, and successfully drawing and using all three copies in your Deck is quite unlikely.
- For the adventurous, "Pyro Clock of Destiny" is the only way to win with "Final Countdown" in one turn, if you can set up a loop to activate it at least 19 times in the same turn.
- Although the cards have no synergy, “Mischief of the Time Goddess” can also speed up the countdown because it skips a turn completely.
- If you can set up the World Lock with this card, you can skip your opponent's turns indefinitely until you win.
- Since this card's effect wins the duel and as such does not start a chain, the winning effect cannot be negated after this card's activation.
- You can activated "Foolish Burial Goods" to send it to the GY, then activated "A Feather of the Phoenix" to top deck it for next turn.
- Alternatively you can activate "Draw of Fate" choosing "Final Countdown" and any 2 draw cards of different names to guarantee to have it by your next turn.
- If you are running 3 copies of this card to draw it sooner, once you activate one, the other 2 are just dead draws. If you happen to draw a second copy of this card, just Set it as a bluff.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.