- This card can be searched by "Soul Rope", "Resonator Engine", "Vampire Dragon", "Summoner Monk", "Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg", "Photon Veil", "Minerva, Lightsworn Maiden", "Hieratic Dragon King of Atum" and "Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms".
- "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" is a good target for this card as this can greatly benefit most Dragon Decks. A strategy for this would be to Summon "Darkflare Dragon" by banishing this card, thus adding "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" to your hand. Next, you can banish "Darkflare Dragon" to Summon "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon". The reason is that "Lightpulsar Dragon" can be revived by "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon".
- This card works well in Chaos Dragon decks.
- "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon" or "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" can be searched by this card and can be very useful in a Dragon Graveyard Power Deck.
- During the time between sending this card to the Graveyard and banishing it, the target card will be banished, which is especially good in this case because both choices are Nomi monsters. Since whichever card you choose has no use until its Summoning conditions are met, the card can be kept out of the way until needed.
- You can Summon "Lightpulsar Dragon" or "Darkflare Dragon" by banishing this card from the Graveyard. This will give you one powerful dragon on the field with an excellent supporting effect as well as an even more powerful Dragon in your hand like "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" or "Light and Darkness Dragon".
- Most monsters eligible for this card's effect are Level 8 Dragons that can be Summoned by "Dragonic Tactics", so try to use this card for non-Level 8s and/or monsters that cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck like "Dark Armed Dragon".
- The Trigger for the first part of this effect does not have to be sending this card from the field to the Graveyard. Using cards like "Darkflare Dragon" or "Dragon Ravine" also work.
- "Darkflare Dragon" can also banish this card from your Graveyard with its effect rather than its Special Summoning cost. This way you'll have an additional Dragon in your Graveyard rather than banishing a DARK monster from it.
- Banish a DARK Dragon that can be Special Summoned like "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" or "Dark Horus", then use "Escape from the Dark Dimension" to Special Summon the banished monster to your field.
- You can use Dragoncarnation to add the banished Dragon to your hand if you are unable to banish or pull off this monster's second effect.
- This card can be searched by "Witch of the Black Forest".
- While you have "Darkflare Dragon" or "Lightpulsar Dragon" in your hand, send one copy of this with "Future Fusion", along with "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon", and three DARK monsters. Banish this card and one of the DARK monsters from your Graveyard to Special Summon "Darkflare Dragon"/"Lightpulsar Dragon". Add "Dark Armed Dragon" to your hand with this card's effect, then Special Summon "Dark Armed Dragon". If you have more Dragons in your hand, use the effect of "Darkflare Dragon" to discard and banish "Eclipse Wyvern" to add another powerful Dragon of your choice to your hand. Or, if you Summoned "Lightpulsar Dragon," you can use the effect of "Dark Armed Dragon" to destroy "Lightulsar Dragon", triggering it's effect to Summon another dragon like "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.