- "Magician Navigation" can be used to Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" from the hand and 1 other Level 7 Spellcaster monster from the Deck to Xyz Summon this card.
- Use "Cosmo Brain" to send "Dark Magician" from the hand to the Graveyard and Special Summon it, and after that, you can tribute a effect monster with its effect (like "Magician's Rod" for example) to Special Summon a "Dark Magician" from the Deck, or even use cards such as "Eternal Soul" or "Birthright" to revive "Dark Magician", then you can Xyz Summon this card.
- If "Daigusto Emeral" alongside with this card is on your field, detach "Dark Magician" from this card to Special Summon another copy of it from the Deck, then activate the effect of "Emeral" to Special Summon the first "Dark Magician".
- This card can be used in an "Odd-Eyes"/"Magician" Deck that runs "Dragonpit Magician" or "Dragonpulse Magician". The ideal scenario is for "Dragonpit" to attack while your opponent only controls one monster, use this card's effect to banish that monster, then replay the attack of "Dragonpit" for a direct attack.
- Spellcaster Normal Monsters that can both be Special Summoned from the hand or Deck and be applied to this card's third effect:
|Japanese name||Secondary type||Attribute||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|The Bewitching Phantom Thief||魅惑の怪盗||DARK||2||700||700|
|Crowned by the World Chalice||星杯を戴く巫女||WATER||2||0||2100|
|Curtain of the Dark Ones||黒魔族のカーテン||DARK||2||600||500|
|Djinn the Watcher of the Wind||風の番人 ジン||WIND||3||700||900|
|... further results (17 more)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.