- This card can be searched by "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Dragunity Corsesca", "Transmodify", "Painful Escape", "Ties of the Brethren", "Broken Blocker", "Rescue Ferret", "Soul Rope", "Resonator Engine", "Vampire Dragon", "Summoner Monk", "Familiar-Possessed - Dharc", "Dragodies, the Empowered Warrior", "Magician's Circle", "Photon Veil", "Chaos Zone", "Spellbook Star Hall", "The Grand Spellbook Tower", and "Mythical Bestiary".
- You can use this card with "Magical Citadel of Endymion" to give your monsters an effective immortality combo, combine it with "Spirit Barrier" to stop damage, and make sure you keep counters on the "Magical Citadel of Endymion".
- The above combo works even better with "Magical Exemplar", or even both if possible.
- You can use "Pitch-Black Power Stone" to give Spell Counters to this card (or "Magical Citadel of Endymion" if you are using the above strategy). The Power Stone can be revealed/chained during your opponents turn to a destroying effect to enable this card to protect your spellcasters.
- You can constantly disarm Tower of Babel by using its spellcounters for the protection effect of this monster. The Tower will be recharged if either player uses spell card.
- You can use "Level Limit - Area B", "Stumbling" or "Light of Intervention" to Normal Summon this card in Defense Position.
- You can use this card's effect with "Legendary Flame Lord" and "Magical Citadel of Endymion" to destroy your opponent's monsters while protecting your own.
- If you combine this card with "Mist Body", "Swords of Revealing Light", etc. you will only have to stop the destruction of "Defender, the Magical Knight" by card effects.
- Chain a card that can summon this monster to an opponents effect activation (i.e. Magician's Circle or Magical Dimension ). After the summoning the effect of "Defender, The Magical Knight" can be instantly used to protect your monsters from the resolve of the opponents card effect (if you already have another card with spellcounters on the field that is).
- This card can be searched by "Spellbook of Judgment".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.