- Chain to any non-universal Ritual Spell Card: Declare the Ritual monster name.
- This card works really well against non-inherent Special Summons, it allows you to chain this card to the effect and declare monster you want to get rid of.
- Against Herald decks, you can chain this card to the activation of "Dawn of the Herald"/"Advanced Ritual Art" and declare "Herald of Perfection" - Since "Herald of Perfection" can't negate the effect of a trap card without negating the activation of a trap card itself, he will be banished.
- Against Dragon Ruler, you can chain this card to it's summon and declare it's name - Since Dragon Ruler has already used his effect this turn, he will be banished without triggering.
- You can also use this card to prevent your opponent from summoning a monster, that have been added to his/her hand, by declaring a revealed monster's name.
- You can declare name of your opponent's monster, that is hard to deal with by other cards, to prevent your opponent from summoning it.
- This card can work very well with cards that return monsters back to their owners' hands, such as "Compulsory Evacuation Device" or "Abyss Soldier".
- This card can shut down an LV Monster Deck if used correctly, as they constantly use effects that Special Summon other monsters, and one in particular (this can help shut down cards such as "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8" from being brought out and negating all of your Spell Cards, for example).
- This is an excellent side-deck card, and in ways is better than Prohibition. Declare "Gladiator Beast Bestiari" against Gladiator Beast decks, "Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind" for Blackwings, and so on.
- Great against a Frog deck. Declare "Des Frog" to stop "Ronintoadin", and even "Dupe Frog".
- Activate this card after your opponent activates the effect of "Stardust Dragon". They will have two options: Summon "Stardust Dragon" so you can remove it from play, or not summoning it until this card is removed from the field.
- You can stop the Wind-Up Loop by activating this card when "Wind-Up Rat" or "Hunter" is Summoned.
- With proper usage, this card can help prevent the activation of Dragonmaid effects, either by preventing their fusions from summoning, or locking down which monsters their abilities can summon.
- When your opponent plays "Premature Burial", you may chain this card to remove the monster summoned and this card from play. This will also work with any card effects which special summon that you may chain to.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.