- Due to this card's Nuke effect, it'd be wise to either clear the field before summoning it, or to have no important cards on the field when it is summoned. Its effects in general also mean this card is best when used to deliver the finishing blow. Despite this, there are ways to circumvent this card's Nuke effect.
- Equip this card with "Break! Draw!" to draw a card each time this card destroys a monster.
- "White Veil" disables the opponent's Spells and Traps if this card battles. And if this card destroys a monster by battle, "White Veil" can be used to nuke the opponent's backrow, lessening their card advantage.
- Equip this card with "Fairy Meteor Crush" or "Big Bang Shot" so you can still inflict Battle Damage to your opponent even if they have Defense Position monsters.
- After attacking directly with "Cyber Eltanin" while there is a "Cyber Dragon" that's banished or on the field, use "Cyberload Fusion" to summon this card and attack again for a surprise OTK.
- Activate "Power Bond", and chain "Cybernetic Fusion Support" to it, so that monsters can be banished from the hand, field, and Graveyard to summon this card while also doubling its ATK. Be careful, though; Between having to pay half of your LP to activate "Cybernetic Fusion Support" and the damaging effect of "Power Bond", this combo can result in you OTKing yourself instead.
- Use this card in combination with "Chain Material" to fuse every Machine monster you have. Make sure you have "Heavy Mech Support Platform" in your hand after doing this, so your "Chimeratech Overdragon" isn't destroyed at the end of your turn.
- If you use "Overload Fusion", any "D.D. Scout Plane" used will be Special Summoned at the end of the turn.
- Equip "Mist Body" to an opponent's monster, to ensure it cannot be destroyed in battle. That way, "Chimeratech Overdragon" can attack it repeatedly, and you don't have to worry about your opponent's side of not having monsters in order for "Chimeratech Overdragon" to attack multiple times.
- To take full advantage of this strategy, use something like "Big Bang Shot" or "Final Attack Orders" to prevent your opponent from protecting their Life Points with Defense Position monsters.
- Equip "Rocket Pilder" to this card so that the attacked monster loses ATK after each attack.
- Combine this card's ability to attack multiple times with "Half Shut". "Half Shut" will halve a monster's ATK and prevent it from being destroyed by battle, guaranteeing "Overdragon" to have an attack target.
- Use cards like "Fairy Meteor Crush" and "Junk Barrage" to counter Defense Position monsters.
- If you control "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" you can activate "Future Fusion" and send many Normal Machine monsters to the graveyard to have Exodius gain 1000 attack for each.
- A good card to have nearby is "Jinzo" (or Jinzo Lord) to prevent annoying Trap cards from halting your summon, if you use "Jinzo('s)" effect before or during the summon. You can also include "Jinzo('s)" Machines to help summon "Chimeratech Overdragon" for an additional 800 ATK and DEF.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.