- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Sangan", "Witch of the Black Forest", "Downbeat", "Number 29: Mannequin Cat", "Rescue Ferret", "Ties of the Brethren", "Painful Escape", "Transmodify", "Serpentine Princess", "Vampire Dragon", "Sphere of Chaos", 'Dragunity Corsesca", "Machina Armored Unit", "Machine Duplication", "Giant Rat", "BOXer", "Frontline Observer", "UFOroid", "Biofalcon" and "Gear Gigant X".
- If you're running an "Exodia Necross" Deck, this card can help you discard the "Exodia" cards to the Graveyard more quickly. (Combo this effect with "Deep Diver" or "Big Eye" to speed up the Summoning of "Necross".)
- Use it with "Big Eye" to get the cards you want to send to the Graveyard and the one you want on top of your Deck.
- This card can be useful in decks and cards that rely on cards being in the Graveyard, such as Wight, Chaos, Zombies, "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon", "Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon", "Shadow Ghoul", and "Chaos Necromancer". Use cards like "Big Eye" or "Fruits of Kozaky's Studies" to check what you have next.
- This card works well in a "Morphtronic" Deck. After using the Attack Position effect of "Morphtronic Celfon", switch it to Defense Position (if you didn't Summon or attack with it during the same turn) and then activate its Defense Position effect to check the top cards of your Deck and use the effect of "Card Trooper" to send the cards you want to the Graveyard. Then use "Junk Box" to Special Summon that monster.
- Use this with "Debris Dragon" to revive it and discard three cards from your Deck due to the cost of "Card Trooper", and when this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you draw one card.
- This card can be used to speed up "Disaster Dragon" Deck just a little (in case you don't have "Future Fusion"), but it's more difficult to use and sometimes can hinder the effect of "Totem Dragon". However, this can be helpful if you manage to dump cards like "Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon" and "Red-Eyes Wyvern".
- If you are trying to discard a specific card, use "Convulsion of Nature" to help avoid unwanted discards.
- After you Xyz Summon "Inzektor Exa-Beetle", use its effect to equip this card from your own Graveyard. After that, Xyz Summon "Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger" using "Exa-Beetle" as its Xyz Material while this card is still equipped. "Card Trooper" will be destroyed, letting you draw a card and also have a powerful monster.
- While this card is in your Graveyard, if your opponent uses "Mystical Space Typhoon" on your Set "Call of the Haunted", chain "Call of the Haunted" targeting this card to draw a card after "Mystical Space Typhoon" resolves.
- By milling 3 cards with "Card Trooper", one can increase its ATK to 1900. This is enough to crash with an annoying "Thunder King Rai-Oh", which will lead to a +1 with the draw effect of "Trooper".
- Use "Defense Draw" when your opponent attacks this card to draw an additional card and keep yourself from taking damage.
- Use this card to quickly load monsters into the Graveyard for "Pot of Dichotomy". You can also use this card as one of your 3 Types if you don't play mostly Machine-Type monsters.
- This card can be searched by "Last Will".
- Use "Pot of Avarice" to return cards from your Graveyard back to your deck.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.