- Synchro Summoning this card with only Synchro Monsters:
- Normal Summon "Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North", use its effect to revive a Level 4 "Blackwing" monster and Synchro Summon "Blackwing - Nothung the Starlight". Use the extra Normal Summon to Summon another "Blizzard" ("Dark Eruption" might be used to recycle it), use its effect and Summon "Coral Dragon". Summon this card and draw a card.
- On a pure "Blackwing" Deck, this card can be Summoned using the following combo: "Black Whirlwind", "Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North" and "Blackwing - Bora the Spear" should be on your hand. Also, "Blackwing - Steam the Cloak" should be on the Graveyard. Activate "Whirlwind", then Normal Summon "Blizzard", use its effect to revive "Steam" and add "Blackwing - Harmattan the Dust" to your hand with "Whirlwind". Special Summon "Bora", Synchro Summon "Assault Blackwing - Raikiri the Rain Shower" and use it's effect to get rid of a card on the field. Use the effect of "Steam" to Special Summon it from the Graveyard by Tributing "Raikiri", Special Summon "Harmattan" and Synchro Summon "Assault Blackwing - Sohaya the Rain Storm", using its effect to revive "Raikiri". Finally Summon this card.
- If there is a "Blackwing - Kris the Crack of Dawn" or another copy of "Bora" on your hand, Special Summon it after Summoning "Onimaru" and Synchro Summon with it using "Blizzard" and the Token(s) left by "Steam". This could set up for either "Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant" to possibly eliminate two of your opponent's monsters and protect "Onimaru" from destruction if your opponent has "Honest" to counter it, (see next tip) or "Assault Blackwing - Chidori the Rain Sprinkling" to have another beastick along "Onimaru" since it will gain a 2100 ATK boost thanks to its effect.
- Instead of Tributing "Raikiri" to Summon "Steam", another Synchro Summon could be performed using "Raikiri" and the Token. Since there still "Blizzard" on your field, it can be Tributed instead of "Raikiri" to Summon "Steam" and get both "Onimaru" and a Level 8 Synchro like "Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons", which most "Blackwing" Decks use to run.
- Keep in mind that its last effect can only be applied when it is attacking, your opponent can still get rid of it easily with "Honest" when it attacks.
- This card has a few advantages over "Shooting Quasar Dragon":
- It has less Synchro Material restrictions.
- Its last effect can be applied by using only 2 Synchro Monsters.
- Since its last effect does not start a chain, it can easily get rid of "Number S39: Utopia the Lightning, as well as "Quasar".
- Once its last effect is applied, its ATK will be high enough to get rid of "Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Super Dora" in Defense Position.
- "Blackwing" monsters sorted by Level:
|Japanese name||Primary type||Secondary type||Attribute||Type||Level/ Rank||ATK||DEF|
|Blackwing - Auster the South Wind||ＢＦ－南風のアウステル||Effect Monster||Tuner monster||DARK||Winged Beast||4||1300||0|
|Blackwing - Simoon the Poison Wind||ＢＦ－毒風のシムーン||Effect Monster||DARK||Winged Beast||6||1600||2000|
|Blackwing Full Armor Master||ＢＦ－フルアーマード・ウィング||Synchro Monster|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.