- This card can be searched by "Dogu", "Single Purchase", "Temple of the Kings", "Dragunity Corsesca", "Painful Escape", "Ties of the Brethren", "Serpentine Princess", "Vampire Dragon", "Mimiclay", "Sangan", "Rescue Ferret", "Where Arf Thou?", "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing", "One for One", "Zombowwow", "Chaos Zone", "Mystic Tomato", "Stygian Security" and "Lucent, Netherlord of Dark World".
- Use cards like "Fiend Griefing", "Foolish Burial", "Mathematician", "Armageddon Knight" and "Dark Grepher" to send this card from your Deck to the Graveyard.
- "A Feather of the Phoenix" lets you choose the Trap you want.
- This card can work well in a "Sylvan" Deck. Not only does it excavate, but it can help search for useful Trap Cards (like "Sylvan Blessing") that might otherwise be sent to the bottom of the Deck. In addition, this card can be used in the same manner as "Sylvan Hermitree" to re-order the Deck for more precise excavation.
- Use the effects of cards like "A Cat of Ill Omen", "Edge Imp Sabres", and "Plaguespreader Zombie" to easily prepare for activating this card's first effect.
- This card works well in a Paleozoic deck, providing both an emergency combat trick and minor deck manipulation.
- In a "Last Turn" Deck, you can use "A Feather of the Phoenix" to place a Trap from your Graveyard on top of your Deck, which you can use to catch your opponent by surprise. If your Deck focuses on boosting your opponent's LP as well as fulfilling this card's LP cost, that Trap can be "Self-Destruct Button".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.