Destroyed by an Spell Card Whats happends if I have activated Spell Absorbtion on my field and my opponent uses De-Spell or Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy my Spell Absortion?? I will still gain the 500 points by the activation?? —This unsigned comment was made by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 23:00, 23 July 2009
- In the TCG, you will. "Spell Absorption" increases your LP immediately after the Spell Card is activated. So, your opponent activates "De-Spell", then you gain LP, and then "De-Spell" destroys "Spell Absorption".
- In the OCG, you won't. "Spell Absorption" increases your Life Points immediately after the Spell Card resolves. So "De-Spell" resolves and destroys "Spell Absorption", and then "Spell Absorption" tries to increase your LP - but, it is no longer face-up on the field, so you cannot apply its effect.
- It's usually better to ask questions on the Forum, since more people visit there. Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 16:57, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
The new text of the card clarifies that the lp gain is done immediately after the effect resolves, shouldn't that mean that the rulings mentioned are outdated and must be erased? Perzeus00 20:49, September 1, 2009 (UTC)
Two spell absorptions?
- No. "Spell Absorption" only recovers LP when a Spell Card is activated - that is, when a Spell Card is played from your hand, or when a face-down Spell Card is flipped face-up. It does not recover LP when the effect of a Spell Card is applied.
- It's usually better to ask questions on the Forum, since it's specifically set up so that people can answer your questions. Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 03:04, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Archfiend of Gilfer and Spell absorption
Does Archfiend of Gilfer's effect count as activating a spell card? Ex. I activate Archfiend of Gifler's effect and gain 500 life points for SPELL ABSORPTION.
Androiddab 21:45, June 3, 2010 (UTC)Androiddab