The OCG Ruling says that you can use "Chain Material"'s effect when you activate "Future Fusion". The TCG Ruling says that you cannot use the effect of "Chain Material" when resolving "Future Fusion".
It is possible that there is no contradiction. The TCG Rulings may be referring to the 2nd Standby Phase when you Fusion Summon the Fusion Monster with "Future Fusion". Both sides agree you cannot use "Chain Material" at this point. However, this is unlikely, since the TCG Rulings places "Future Fusion" in the same category as "Instant Fusion". --Deus Ex Machina 21:49, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
I don't know if this is just a paraphrase of the above paragraph, but the English text of this card states that you can remove the fusion material monsters from play "Any time you fusion summon a monster this turn...". Future Fusion is the only card that takes more than one turn to fusion summon a monster. You cannot remove the material monsters from play during the turn you activate Future Fusion because your not summoning the fusion monster yet, and you can't remove them from play on the turn the monster is fusion summoned because they are already being used as fusion-material monsters.--Dragonking 15:48, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
FYI: for any who are new to this game or site, or happen to be confused about the following detail of this card's text; "If you use this effect for a fusion summon...". It doesn't mean there is something else you can use this effect for, it means that any fusion monsters that were fusion summoned without the help of Chain Material don't count.--Dragonking 15:55, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
In a scenario that Future Fusion is activated on a turn that Chain Material is activated, since the Fusion Summon that Future Fusion performs is actually on a different turn (not to mention timing) than when the Fusion Material Monsters were sent to the Graveyard, Chain Material cannot be used for Future Fusion in this sense. Chain Material's effect can only be used if the Fusion Summon is performed on the same turn the Chain Material was activated, and only if the Fusion Summon was done as a result of a Fusion Summoning card in which the Fusion Material Monsters are sent to the Graveyard just before. Out-Edd 09:11, 23 December 2008 (UTC)
- The problem is, the OCG Ruling is clear that the two can interact. It mentions "Future Fusion" right before "Dark Calling" and right after "Miracle Fusion".
- Consider the following TCG Rulings:
- You can chain "Royal Oppression" to negate "Future Fusion" when the card is activated (placed face-up on the field).
- This means that "Future Fusion" is considered to be Special Summoning something when it is activated from the hand. After all, you cannot use "Royal Oppression" when similar cards like "Call of the Mummy" or "Black Garden" are first activated from the hand; you have to wait for their effects to activate.
- Since "Future Fusion" is considered to be Fusion Summoning something when you activate it, the Fusion Material Monsters are considered to be sent to the Graveyard for a Fusion Summon, even though the Fusion Summon is not occurring yet.
- "Future Fusion" is using Fusion Material Monsters to perform a Fusion Summon, so the effect of "Chain Material" can thus be used.
is it possible to use this card WITHOUT Polymerization etc., as in you just play this card and then Fusion Summon with cards in ur deck or do you HAVE to use one of the fusion spells with it, or can you not use fusion spells with it, or watever, i am just so confused... —This unsigned comment was made by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 14:16, November 7, 2009
- No. You have to use another card like "Polymerization" to perform the Fusion Summon. "Chain Material" does not Fusion Summon anything - it changes the way other cards that Fusion Summon work.
- It's usually better to ask questions on the Forum, since more people visit there. Also, remember to sign your posts with four tildes ~~~~, since that automatically creates a signature for you.
- --Deus Ex Machina (Talk) 20:57, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
k, thanks, will do EndoftheWorld 22.214.171.124 10:42, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
Never mind, your rite
Chain Material's effect: "Any time you Fusion Summon a monster this turn, you can remove from play, from your side of the field, Deck, hand or Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on the Fusion Monster Card, and use them as Fusion Material Monsters. You cannot attack during the turn this card is activated. If you used this effect for a Fusion Summon, the Summoned Fusion Monster is destroyed during the End Phase."
In tag force 3 or...Edo uses this card to Fusion Summon his Destiny End Dragoon without any fusion cards. after that, the monster is destroyed and brought back by its own effect.
Go to this Site: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Destiny_End_Dragoon It says: "You can easily Fusion Summon this card by using "Chain Material" and "Fusion Gate", then use his effect to destroy a monster and inflict damage. During the End Phase, he is destroyed by the effect of "Chain Material", but you can revive him in your next Standby Phase using his own effect. This works especially well when combined with Fusion Gate, which lets you summon up to three in one turn."
Never Mind Your rite "This card doesn't Fusion summon a monster by it self. all it does is allows...you know
"Super Polymerization"(Chō Yūgō) effect: "Discard 1 card (cost). Send, from either side of the field to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation."