- Paying 800 Life Points is a cost to activate “Wicked Rebirth.” This card targets the Synchro Monster, both when you activate this card and while the monster is on the field.
- If “Royal Decree” becomes active while “Wicked Rebirth” is active, the Synchro Monster’s effect is restored, and it can attack this turn.
- If you Special Summon “Stardust Dragon” with “Wicked Rebirth,” you can Tribute “Stardust Dragon” for its effect. After it is Tributed, “Stardust Dragon” is no longer targeted by “Wicked Rebirth.” Therefore its effect is restored and applied normally (so it negates an effect and is Special Summoned back to the field during the End Phase).
- The Special Summon of “Wicked Rebirth” is not a Synchro Summon, so it cannot be used to Special Summon monsters like “Trident Dragion.”
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Trident Dragion: “Trident Dragion” cannot be Special Summoned by “Wicked Rebirth” or similar cards, because they do not Synchro Summon a monster.
- After "Stardust Dragon" is Special Summoned by "Wicked Rebirth", "Stardust Dragon" can activate its effect. Then, even though "Wicked Rebirth" is still face-up on the field, the Tributed "Stardust Dragon" is no longer targeted by its effect, so the effect of "Stardust Dragon" will not be negated. Thus, the effect of "Stardust Dragon" can negate the activation of an effect which destroys a card(s) on the field.
- If "Royal Decree" is activated after "Wicked Rebirth" successfully Special Summons a monster, then the effect of "Wicked Rebirth" is negated, so the Special Summoned monster can attack and its effects will not be negated.
- Synchro Monsters are Special Summon Monsters, so a Synchro Monster cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard if it was not properly Special Summoned beforehand. Because of this, you cannot use "Wicked Rebirth" to Special Summon a Synchro Monster which was sent directly from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Konami Gameplay FAQ: Raging Battle -- Card Rulings (version 1.2)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Konami FAQ: Trap Card > Wicked Rebirth
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Is the effect of a "Stardust Dragon" Special Summoned by "Wicked Rebirth" negated if it is not face-up on the field at the resolution of its effect?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: While the effect of "Wicked Rebirth" is negated, can the Special Summoned monster attack?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Can "Wicked Rebirth" Special Summon a Synchro Monster which was sent directly from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.