- Halving the ATK and DEF of Vice Dragon happens as part of the inherent Special Summon. When Vice Dragon successfully [sic] Special Summoned with its own effect, its ATK will be 1000 and its DEF will be 1200.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Testudo erat Numen: You cannot Special Summon Vice Dragon from your hand with its effect while Testudo erat Numen is face-up on the field.
- The effect which halves this card's Original ATK and DEF resolves as part of the effect which Special Summons it.
- The effect alters "Vice Dragon"'s Original ATK and DEF. "Shrink" will halve this ATK to 500. "Megamorph" will either halve the ATK to 500 or double it to 2000.
- "Skill Drain" will negate the effect of "Vice Dragon", and return its ATK/DEF to the printed values. If "Skill Drain" is later removed from the field or negated, then the ATK/DEF of "Vice Dragon" will not be halved again.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Konami Gameplay FAQ: Gold Series 3, Tagforce 5 -- Card Rulings (Version 1.0)
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Effect Monster > Vice Dragon
- ↑ Konami FAQ: When the effect of "Vice Dragon" is applied, how do you calculate its ATK when "Megamorph" or "Shrink" are applied?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: When the effect of "Vice Dragon" is negated with "Skill Drain", what does its ATK/DEF become?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.