|This card's OCG and TCG rulings contradict each other.
In the TCG it is a Continuous Effect
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Barrier Wave: If your opponent’s only monster is a Defense Position Total Defense Shogun and it declares an attack, you cannot activate [[Barrier Wave}}.
- Changing Destiny: If “Total Defense Shogun" attacks while in Defense Position, you can activate “[[Changing Destiny}}.” The attack will be negated, but the rest of the effect will not be applied.
- The effect that changes "Total Defense Shogun" to Defense Position when Normal or Flip Summoned is a Trigger Effect. It does not target.
- Even if "Total Defense Shogun" is Summoned by the effect of "Ultimate Offering" as a Chain Link of two or more, its effect to change itself to Defense Position will still activate.
- The effect that allows this card to attack while in face-up Defense Position is a Continuous Effect.
- If "Total Defense Shogun" attacks an opponent's monster while in Defense Position, and the attack target has an equal or greater ATK than "Total Defense Shogun", "Total Defense Shogun" will be destroyed by that battle. Also, if the ATK of "Total Defense Shogun" was less than the ATK of the monster it attacked, you will take battle damage equal to the difference in the monsters' ATK (as normal).
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ Konami Gameplay FAQ: Duelist Revolution Sneak Peek -- Card Rulings (Version 1.0)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Konami OCG Card Database: Total Defense Shogun
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.