- After the card "Soul Absorption" has been activated, the effect activates each time a card is banished and makes a Chain Link.
- The effect activates regardless of whether the player's card(s) or the opponent's card(s) are banished. (The player you gains LP is the player who activated "Soul Absorption".)
- If a card(s) is banished during the resolution of a Chain or as a cost to activate an effect, the effect of "Soul Absorption" is activated after the whole Chain has resolved.
- If multiple cards are banished at once by "Soul Release", after "Soul Release" resolves, the effect of "Soul Absorption" activates only once and makes a Chain Link. Consequently, with that one effect resolution, the player gain LP equal to the number of banished cards ×500. (If 5 cards were banished, the controller of "Soul Absorption" gains 2500 LP.)
- If a Token Monster (such as a Sheep Token) is targeted by the effect of "Caius the Shadow Monarch", it leaves the field and disappears, and as a result it is not banished. Therefore, in this case, the effect of "Soul Absorption" is not activated.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- Konami OCG Card Database: Soul Absorption
- Konami OCG Card Database: If multiple cards are banished, how does the effect of "Soul Absorption" activate and resolve?
- Konami OCG Card Database: If a Token Monster is banished, is the effect of "Soul Absorption" activated?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.