- The effect of "Fusion Recovery" targets a total of two cards: one "Polymerization" and one Fusion Material Monster.
- When Fusion Summoning with "Polymerization", you can use a monster which is face-down on the field as a Fusion Material monster. When doing so, you must show it to your opponent to confirm that it is a proper Fusion Material.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- The effects of "Thunder King Rai-Oh", "Black Horn of Heaven", "Solemn Judgment", and similar cards cannot negate a Special Summon by another card effect.
- King of the Swamp: If you have no copy of "Polymerization" in your Deck, you cannot activate the effect of "King of the Swamp", and you cannot activate "Fusion Sage".
- Macro Cosmos: You can still activate cards like "Polymerization" or "Power Bond" and Fusion Summon while the effect of "Macro Cosmos" is active and removing from play the Fusion Material Monsters instead of having them sent to the Graveyard. If "Polymerization" is activated while "Macro Cosmos" is active, then the Fusion Material Monsters to be sent to the Graveyard will be removed from play instead, and the Fusion Monster will still be Fusion Summoned from the Extra Deck.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Is it possible to use face-down monsters on the field as Fusion Material Monsters?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Spell Card > Fusion Recovery
- ↑ Konami OCG FAQ: When Fusion Summoning, can you use a face-down monster as a Fusion Material?
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Konami FAQ: Please explain what Special Summons can and cannot be negated by the effects of "Thunder King Rai-Oh", "Solemn Judgment", and so on.
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Can the effect of "King of the Swamp" be activated if you have no "Polymerization" in your Deck?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Can you still Fusion Summon by activating "Polymerization" if "Macro Cosmos" is on the field?
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.