- The "When your opponent Special Summons a monster (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand." effect is a Trigger Effect that is activated from the hand.
- Even if you only have 1 unused Monster Zone, you can still Normal or Special Summon "Phantom Dragon". (When "Phantom Dragon" is Normal or Special Summoned, if you have 1 unused Monster Zone, that Monster Zone becomes unusable.) Also, if another Monster Zone later becomes available, it becomes unusable, resulting in 2 unusable Monster Zones on your side of the field.
- If the effect of "Phantom Dragon" is negated by "Skill Drain", the 2 unusable Monster Zones become usable. If the effect of "Skill Drain" stops appplying, the 2 Monster Zones become unusable again.
- You can Pendulum Summon 2 "Phantom Dragon" while you control no monsters. When they are Pendulum Summoned, since you have 3 unused Monster Zones, the effect of the first "Phantom Dragon" makes 2 of them unusable, and the effect of the second "Phantom Dragon" makes the remaining Monster Zone unusable.
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- Konami OCG Card Database: Phantom Dragon
- Konami OCG Card Database: Can "Phantom Dragon" be Normal Summoned or Special Summoned while you do only have 1 unused Monster Zone?
- Konami OCG Card Database: If "Phantom Dragon" is affected by "Skill Drain", what happens?
- Konami OCG Card Database: Can 2 "Phantom Dragon" be Pendulum Summoned?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.