- Sending 1 face-up "LV" monster in your Monster Zone to the Graveyard is a cost to activate this card.
- If there is not a corresponding "LV" monster in your hand or Deck, "Level Up!" cannot be activated. (There must be a "LV" monster in your hand or Deck corresponding to the monster sent to the Graveyard.)
- You cannot activate this card by sending a "LV" monster to the Graveyard that does not list any monster in its card text, such as "Mystic Swordsman LV6".
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Level Down!?: In order to activate "Level Down!?", there needs to be "1 monster […] with the same name but lower "LV"" in your Graveyard, and you need to be able to Special Summon that monster from the Graveyard. Because "Armed Dragon LV7" is a Special Summon monster, if "Armed Dragon LV7" in your Graveyard was sent to your Graveyard after being Special Summoned by the effect of "Armed Dragon LV5", that "Armed Dragon LV7" can be Special Summoned from your Graveyard by the effect of "Level Down!?". However, an "Armed Dragon LV7" that was sent to the Graveyard after beings Special Summoned by the effect "Level Up!" (ignoring the Summoning conditions) cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard.
- Ghost Beef: The Pendulum Effect of "Ghost Beef" is activated, and its Pendulum Scale becomes 7 as a result. If "Level Up!" is activated and "Silent Swordsman LV7" is Special Summoned, the Pendulum Effect of "Ghost Beef" is negated by "Silent Swordsman LV7", so the Pendulum Scale of "Ghost Beef" returns to its original value (4).
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- Konami OCG Card Database: Level Up!
- Konami OCG Card Database: Can "Armed Dragon LV7" be Special Summoned by "Level Down!?" that was activated by targeting "Armed Dragon LV10"?
- Konami OCG Card Database: While the Pendulum Effect of "Ghost Beef" is applying, if "Silent Swordsman LV7" is Special Summoned, how does the effect apply?
- Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.