- The damage that is inflicted to your opponent's Life Points as a result of battle with "Gravekeeper's Vassal" attack is treated as Effect Damage instead, not Battle Damage. So your opponent cannot use "Kuriboh" or "Waboku" to prevent the damage, for example.
- A monster destroyed by "Gravekeeper's Vassal" in battle is still treated as "destroyed as a result of battle" (for "Mystic Tomato", "Nimble Momonga", etc.).
- If you equip "Fairy Meteor Crush" to "Gravekeeper's Vassal", and attack a Defense Position monster and inflict Battle Damage to the opponent's Life Points, the damage is treated as Effect Damage due to "Gravekeeper's Vassal"'s effect.
Mentions in Other Rulings
- Barrel Behind the Door: You cannot activate "Barrel Behind the Door" against a Continuous Effect Monster like "Gravekeeper's Vassal".
- Black-Winged Dragon: If you would be dealt effect damage by Gravekeeper's Vassal while you control Black-Winged Dragon you place the Black Feather Counter during Damage Calculation and the damage is reduced to 0.
- Rod of the Mind's Eye: When "Gravekeeper's Vassal" is equipped with "Rod of the Mind's Eye", the effect is not activated because the damage caused by "Gravekeeper's Vassal" is Effect Damage.
- If this card's effect is negated, then this is card will inflicts battle damage.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.