- This card targets two cards - one monster in your Graveyard, and one face-up monster on your field.
- "Give and Take" increases your monster's Level by the Level of the Summoned monster while the Summoned monster is on the field. If "A Legendary Ocean" is active and "Give and Take" targets a WATER monster that is Level 4 while in the Graveyard, the monster's Level is 3 while on the field, so you increase the Level of the other target by 3.
- The "Special Summon 1 monster" and "Increase the Level of 1 monster you control" effects of "Give and Take" are considered to resolve simultaneously. When you activate "Give and Take", after it resolves, your opponent can respond with "Bottomless Trap Hole".
- If "Book of Moon" etc is chained to "Give and Take" so that the monster targeted by "Give and Take" is no longer face-up on the field when "Give and Take" resolves, then you still Special Summon a monster to your opponent's field.
- If the monster in the Graveyard target by "Give and Take" is removed from play or otherwise not able to be Special Summoned, you do not increase the Level of the other monster.
- Konami FAQ: Trap Card > Give and Take
- Konami FAQ: When the Level of the monster Special Summoned by "Give and Take" changes, what happens to the Level of your monster?
- Konami FAQ: When the player Special Summons a monster to the opponent's field with "Give and Take", can his opponent activate "Bottomless Trap Hole"?
- Konami FAQ: Is the effect of "Give and Take" applied when the monster is not on the field?
- Konami FAQ: When the effect of "Give and Take" cannot Special Summon the monster, do you apply the effect which increases the monster's Level?
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.