Mentions in Other Rulings
- Ancient Gear Drill: If you get a Spell Card with "Ancient Gear Drill" and then return it to your hand with "Giant Trunade", restrictions no longer apply so you can use it as normal.
- Autonomous Action Unit: When "Autonomous Action Unit" is returned to the hand (with "Giant Trunade", etc.), the equipped monster is destroyed.
- Different Dimension Gate: When "Different Dimension Gate" is removed from the field, but not destroyed, because of "Giant Trunade" or "Emergency Provisions", the removed monsters cannot be returned to play.
- Embodiment of Apophis: If "Embodiment of Apophis" is a monster, "Giant Trunade" will still return it to the owner's hand.
- Fairy Wind: If "Heavy Storm" or "Giant Trunade" is activated, you cannot activate "Fairy Wind" unless there is another face-up Spell or Trap Card other than "Heavy Storm" or "Giant Trunade".
- Fusion Sword Murasame Blade: This card can be returned to the owner's hand by the effect of "Giant Trunade"...
- Swords of Revealing Light: If this card is destroyed or removed from the field by the effect of another card, such as..."Giant Trunade", the opponent may then attack.
- Toon Mermaid: This rule applies for "Toon Mermaid", "Toon Summoned Skull", "Manga Ryu-Ran" and "Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon": If "Toon World" is returned to a player's hand, with cards such as "Giant Trunade" these Toon Monsters are not destroyed since "Toon World" was not destroyed.
- Weapon Change: If "Weapon Change" is removed from the field by "Giant Trunade"..."Weapon Change"'s effect is not applied.
- When a monster equipped with an Equip Card is no longer face-up on the field, the Equip Card is destroyed immediately. For example, if "Giant Trunade" is activated and "Book of Moon" is Chained and targets a monster equipped with an Equip Card, then "Book of Moon" flips the monster face-down, then the Equip Card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, then "Giant Trunade" resolves. The Equip Card is no longer on the field, so it is not returned to the Hand.
- When you gain an opponent's card with "Graverobber" or "Exchange" and then Set it, if "Giant Trunade" is activated, then the Set card is returned to its owner's hand.
- "Premature Burial" only destroys the monster when "Premature Burial" is destroyed. The monster is not destroyed when "Premature Burial" returns to the Hand without being destroyed, such as by "Giant Trunade" or "Tornado Bird".
- ↑ Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] At what time is the Equip Card sent to the Graveyard when the targeted monster is no longer on the field?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: When "Giant Trunade" is activated, to whose hand does an opponent's card you obtained and Set by "Exchange"/"Graverobber" return?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: When "Premature Burial" is returned to the Hand by the effect of "Premature Burial", is the equipped monster destroyed?
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.