- Fusion Monsters are Special Summon monsters, so they can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by effects like "Monster Reborn" only if they were Special Summoned by the correct procedure at one time, and then sent to the Graveyard. Suppose an effect like that of "Gale Dogra" sends a Fusion Monster directly to the Graveyard, or an effect like that of "Cyber-Stein" Special Summons the monster without Fusion Summoning. Then "Monster Reborn" cannot Special Summon that Fusion Monster from the Graveyard, since it was not properly Special Summoned to the field.
- While "Koa'ki Meiru Drago" is on the field, the effect of "Cyber-Stein" can still be activated but you cannot choose neither a LIGHT nor a DARK Fusion Monster to Special Summon.
- You can use the effect of a card like "Metamorphosis" or "Cyber-Stein" or "Summoner of Illusions" to Special Summon a monster with the text "A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters.", such as "Cyber End Dragon" or "Cyber Twin Dragon".
Previously Official Rulings
|These TCG rulings were issued by Upper Deck Entertainment and have since been deemed unofficial by Konami. They were previously considered official and can still be correct, as long as they follow the official gameplay rules, or unless Konami has issued a ruling that says otherwise. References: |
- ↑ Konami FAQ: [Basic Rules] Can an effect like that of "Monster Reborn" Special Summon a Fusion Monster from the Graveyard?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: When the effect that prevents the Special Summon of LIGHT and DARK monsters of "Koa'ki Meiru Drago" is applied, can "Future Fusion" be activated?
- ↑ Konami FAQ: Can you use the effect of a card like "Cyber-Stein" to Special Summon "Cyber End Dragon"?
- ↑ Konami Judge Program Forum: Individual Email Rulings VS Individual Card Rulings
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [A-C]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [D-E]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [F-H]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [I-K]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [L-O]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [P-R]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [S-T]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: Individual Card Rulings [U-Z]
- ↑ UDE FAQ: SPECIFIC CARDS RULINGS
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.