Yu-Gi-Oh! (first series)
- This card was first used in the DEATH-T Duel of the original manga and first series anime. Yugi destroyed Kaiba's "Hitotsu-Me Giant" with this monster. It was attacked by "The Wicked Worm Beast," but the Winged Dragon's flying effect activated successfully:
【Level 5/ATK 1400/DEF 1200】
Each time this monster is declared as an attack target, declare two numbers between 1 and 6. Your opponent then rolls a six-sided die. If the result is either of the two numbers that you announced, the damage to this card and this card's controller that they take from that battle involving this card becomes 0.
- (This is the only time that this effect was used.) It was later defeated by a powered "Saggi the Dark Clown".
- This card appeared in the Yu-Gi-Oh first and second English opening. Yugi played this card on the field.
Yu-Gi-Oh! (second series anime)
- This card's attack is called "Fiery Cannonballs" 「火球の飛礫」 in the Japanese anime and manga, and simply "Fireball" in the English versions).
- In episode 1, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Seto Kaiba. After he Normal Summons this card, Yami Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy Kaiba's "Hitotsu-Me Giant". Later "Saggi the Dark Clown" (whose ATK was 1800 via "Negative Energy Generator") attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 8, Yugi used this card during his Duel against Mokuba Kaiba. After Yugi Summons this card, he uses this card to attack and destroy Mokuba's "Man-Eating Plant" which Mokuba was surprised at. Yugi claims he can't win with cards that don't belong to him. Mokuba Summons "Krokodilus" and uses it to attack this card. This card then destroys "Krokodilus". The Duel, at this point, ends prematurely due to Mokuba stealing some of Yugi's star chips and running away.
- In episode 14, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against PaniK. He first Summoned this card in Defense Position. On Yugi's next turn, he switches this card to Attack Position and ordered it to attack. The attack then briefly revealed the monsters PaniK had out at the moment ("Barox" and "Dark Chimera"). "Barox" then attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 38, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Maximillion Pegasus. He Summons this card in Defense Position. "Relinquished" (whose ATK was 2500 due to it being equipped with Yugi's "Dark Magician") then attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 45, Yugi Summons this card after the flying machine that Yugi, Joey, and Mai were using to get past the barrier around "Castle of Dark Illusions" got hit by an attack created by "Darkfire Dragon" and the machine started to break apart. This monster then takes Yugi, Joey, and Mai towards the "Castle of Dark Illusions" with "Harpie Lady Sisters", "Dark Magician", and "Giltia the D. Knight" close behind.
- In episode 102, Yugi uses this card while he was going through a Duel Puzzle. After Yugi Summons this card he uses this card to attack and destroy the Level-one door monster, "Sinister Serpent".
- In episode 103, this card appears in a flashback Téa Gardner has when she remembers Yugi talking about "Maha Vailo" looking similar to him and having a great power inside its effect.
Battle City Finals
- In episode 144, this card is shown being used in a Duel between two kids when Téa and Serenity Wheeler are shown going through a park.
- In episode 186, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against the KC DuelTek 760 while the former was using Rick's Deck. He draws this card and five other Dragon-Type monsters via the effect of "Heart of the Underdog". Yugi later discards this card and the five other Dragon-Type Normal Monsters that he drew, so that "Spirit Ryu" would gain 1000 ATK for each Dragon discarded.
- In the English dubs, the "#1" was edited out of the name so it became simply, "Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress."
- In the Spanish dub, this card was known as "Dragón Alado, Guardián de la Fortaleza".