- In episode 109, this card appeared in Axel Brodie's thoughts during his Duel against Jaden Yuki when he had the thought of using "Volcanic Force" to summon this card and use it to win the Duel. When "Elemental HERO Wildheart" attacks directly, Axel contemplated on activating "Volcanic Force" to Special Summon this card and use it to win the Duel, but he ultimately chose to activate "Wild Fire" to help him win the Duel. Despite this, Axel still lost the Duel as he did not count on Jaden's set card being "Elemental Mirage".
- In episode 131, Axel uses this card to help himself and his friends open a portal to another dimension so that they can find Jesse Anderson and rescue him.
- In episode 142, Axel uses this card during his Duel against Skull Knight. He Special Summons this card by sending his "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" to the Graveyard. Axel then activates "Volcanic Mine" to Special Summon four "Bomb Tokens" to Skull Knight's side of the field. This card then attacks and destroys "Lycanthrope". This card's second effect then activates, destroying the four Bomb Tokens on Skull Knight's side of the field and inflicting 500 damage to Skull Knight for each monster destroyed this way. Since four monsters were destroyed this way, Skull Knight takes 2000 damage and this wins Axel the duel.
- In episode 143, Axel uses this card during his Duel against the Supreme King. He Special Summons this card by sending "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" to the Graveyard. This card then attacks and destroys "Evil HERO Infernal Sniper". Later "Evil HERO Malicious Edge" (whose ATK was 2900 due to it being equipped with "Vicious Claw") attacks "Volcanic Hammerer", but due to this card's first effect, the attack is redirected to this card. Damage is calculated, but the Supreme King activates the second effect of "Vicious Claw" to return the latter to his hand and prevent his monster's destruction. On the last turn of the Duel, this card attacks "Malicious Edge", but the Supreme King activates "Super Polymerization" to fuse "Malicious Edge" with Axel's "Evil Token" in order to Fusion Summon "Evil HERO Malicious Fiend". A replay occurs, but due to the effect of "Malicious Fiend", this card is forced to attack it. "Malicious Fiend" then destroys this card, but Axel banishes "Volcanic Counter" from his Graveyard in order to make the Supreme King take the same amount of Battle Damage he takes, ending the Duel in a Draw.
- In episode 144, this card is shown in a series of flashbacks Jaden Yuki has when he sees the memories of the Supreme King within his nightmare.
- In episode 156, this card is shown in a series of flashbacks Syrus Truesdale has when he notes that after he abandoned Jaden, he became the Supreme King through a small spark of darkness in his heart and began crushing his friends in all-or-nothing battles.
- In episode 169, Axel uses this card during his Duel against Trueman. He Special Summons this card by sending "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" to the Graveyard. "Volcanic Slicer" and this card then attack directly, but Trueman activates the effect of "Firewall" twice to banish "Volcanic Rat" and "Volcanic Shell" from his Graveyard and negate the attacks. Axel then sets "Switch Off" and "Volcanic Mine". Axel intended to activate "Volcanic Mine" to Special Summon "Bomb Tokens" to Trueman's side of the field during his next turn. He would then activate "Switch Off" to negate the effect of Trueman's "Flame Wall" until the End Phase and switch one Bomb Token to Attack Position. This card would then attack and destroy the token and activate its second effect to destroy the remaining tokens and inflict 2000 damage to Trueman. After Trueman Special Summons "Volcanic Queen" to Axel's side of the field, Trueman activates "The Unselected One" to make Axel choose on either saving this card or "Volcanic Queen" from being destroyed. Axel chooses this card, so his set Traps and "Volcanic Queen" are destroyed. Trueman then activates the second effect of "The Unselected One" to Special Summon "Volcanic Queen" from his Graveyard. On the last turn of the Duel, this card attacks "Volcanic Queen" (Axel intends for this card to destroy "Volcanic Queen". This will allow him to activate the second effect of this card and inflict 1000 damage to Trueman), but Trueman activates "Volcanic Curse" to increase the ATK of "Volcanic Queen" by 1000 (500 for each Pyro-type monster in both players' Graveyards at the timing "Volcanic Curse" was activated). "Volcanic Queen" then destroys this card, defeating Axel.
- This card is shown in Axel's thoughts when he notes what he plans to do with "Switch Off".
- In episode 178, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Jaden has when he explains to Nightshroud that while his heart was drowned in darkness and despair, he was able to fight back and regain hope after he was reminded that as long as he believes in himself and his monsters, he will never have to feel alone or give in to despair.
- Its attack name in both versions is Volcanic Cannon.
- In episode 65, this card is shown when Trudge explains the rulings for the World Racing Grand Prix that is going to be held soon as well as how dueling has changed since the integration of New Domino City and Satellite.
- Strangely, Volcanic Doomfire can only be Special Summoned by sending a face-up Tri-Blaze Accelerator from the controller's field to the Graveyard. Since Tri-Blaze Accelerator is a Spell Card - which cannot be used in Turbo Duels because of the restriction effect of Speed World and Speed World 2 - it would be impossible to summon Volcanic Doomfire.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.