- In episode 83, Yami Bakura uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He activates this card to prevent Yugi from attacking with more than one monster per turn. With "Dark Sanctuary" in play, Yugi would take damage whenever a monster that was affected by the "Ghost of Dark Sanctuary" attacks and the attack would then be negated. After that happens, Yami Bakura's Life Points would increase by the damage Yami took. This would allow Yami Bakura to stall for time until he could complete the message for "Destiny Board" and gain an Automatic Win. Later Yugi gets rid of the Ghost of Dark Sanctuary by utilizing a combo involving "Kuriboh", "Collected Power" and "Exile of the Wicked". He then activates "Monster Reborn" to revive "Dark Necrofear", which negates the effects of "Dark Sanctuary". After Yami Bakura activates "Spirit Message "A"", Yami Yugi claims he can't play the last letter since his Spell & Trap Card Zone was full and "Dark Sanctuary" was negated. In the next episode, Yami Bakura Normal Summons "Jowgen the Spiritualist" and activates its effect to destroy "Dark Necrofear", which reactivates "Dark Sanctuary" and allows Yami Bakura to play Spells and Traps in his Monster Card Zone again. This card remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- In episode 88, this card appears in a flashback Marik Ishtar has when he remembers having his Rare Hunters test out the counterfeit versions of "The Winged Dragon of Ra". As they were counterfeits, the fake cards only caused the Rare Hunters to be killed by a bolt of lightning.
- In episode 108, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto Kaiba that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
- In episode 109, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto that his treachery began when Gozaburo gave him a large amount of dollars to test Seto's business skills.
- In episode 144, Téa Gardner and Serenity Wheeler see this card under the control of a kid Dueling another kid while they go through a park and see a Duel occurring.
- In episode 35, Chazz Princeton uses this card during his duel against Slade Princeton. After Chazz summons "Spirit of the Breeze", he activates this card to prevent Slade from attacking with more than one monster during each of his turns. Later Slade activates "Dust Tornado" to destroy this card.
- In episode 85, this card appears in a flashback Maximillion Pegasus has when he explains to Jaden Yuki in the past, people have been trying to playing counterfeit copies of "The Winged Dragon of Ra". These resulted in the people getting struck by lightning due to them invoking Ra's wrath.
- In episode 80, this card was used as part of a Duel Puzzle that Crow Hogan, Jack Atlas, Yusei Fudo and Bruno had to solve in order to find out who stole Yusei's program. Aside from being on the field and preventing Crow, Jack, and Bruno from attacking with more than one monster, this card played no actual part in any of the attempts made by Crow, Jack, and Bruno when they tried to solve the Duel Puzzle.
- This card appears in Paradox's explanation when he tells Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei that the reason why he came to the past was so that he could prevent his own bad future from happening. Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei disagreed with going along with Paradox's plan as Paradox's actions will destroy and ruin their eras in time since they revolved around Duel Monsters.
- In the non-canon duel YCS Providence 2012 Special: Mai, Joey and Yugi vs. Pegasus and Bakura, on his last turn, Yami Bakura activates this card against Yugi. This card had no effect on either duelist, as neither duelist controlled more than one monster on the field following this card's activation. This card remained on the field until the duel was over.
- Geruzet and Kameno use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.