This card's attack name is "Magical Thunder Shock" 「魔降雷」 in the Japanese anime and manga and "Lightning Strike" in the dub.
- When Duel Monsters gets introduced, this card is amongst a few other random cards shown by Yugi and Solomon Muto. Here it's a Level 7 monster and was called "デーモン" (Demon) in the Japanese version.
- When Yugi duels Seto Kaiba, this card appears and destroys Kaiba's "Battle Ox" and a number of Kaiba's cards over the next few turns.
- In episode 2, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Maximillion Pegasus. After Yugi summons this card, he uses it to attack "Illusionist Faceless Mage" and win the duel but the duel's time limit expires before this monster can complete its attack. Since Pegasus had higher Life Points when time expired, he won the Duel by default.
- In episode 5, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Weevil Underwood. After he summons this card, "Makiu, the Magical Mist" increased this card's ATK by 1000. This card then attacks and destroys "Great Moth", winning Yami Yugi the Duel.
- In episode 21, Yugi uses this card during his Tag Duel with Joey Wheeler against the Paradox Brothers. After this card is summoned, Yugi uses this card to attack the third section of the brothers' "Gate Guardian" by using this card's electrical abilities on the puddles of water left behind by the third section's water attack from earlier. Yugi then activates "Spellbinding Circle" to immobilize "Gate Guardian", prevent it from using its effects, and decrease the ATK of all three sections by 700. The attack made by this card then destroys "Suijin". Later Yugi activates "Polymerization" to fuse this monster with Joey's "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" in order to Fusion Summon "Black Skull Dragon".
- In episode 23, Yugi draws this card during his Duel against Seto Kaiba. Yugi, upon seeing what he drew, notes that he can't play this card due to the effect of Kaiba's "Crush Card Virus".
- In episode 29, Yugi uses this card during his duel against Mai Valentine. After this card is summoned, Yugi uses this card to attack Mai's "Harpie Lady" (whose ATK was 1800 due to "Cyber Shield"), but Yugi forgot at that point that the "Mirror Wall" Trap Card Mai had played on his last turn was a Continuous Trap Card. As a result, "Mirror Wall" negates the attack and halves this card's ATK. Yugi sets "Spellbinding Circle" and intends to activate it when Mai attacks this card, but Mai activates "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy "Spellbinding Circle". Later Yugi switches this card to Defense Position. Later Mai's "Harpie's Pet Dragon" attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 33, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. After this card is summoned, Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy "Armored Lizard". Later Joey activates "Shield & Sword" to swap the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field. Joey's "Flame Swordsman" then attacks and destroys this card. Later Joey activates "Graverobber" to steal this card from Yugi's Graveyard and revive it under his control. Joey then activates "Copycat" to activate Yugi's "Polymerization" as his card, allowing Joey to fuse this card with "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" in order to Fusion Summon "Black Skull Dragon".
- In episode 35, Yugi draws this card during his Duel against Pegasus. In the next episode, Yugi summons this card in Defense Position. Pegasus's "Ryu-Ran" attacks this card, but Yugi activates "Spellbinding Circle" to immobilize "Ryu-Ran" and decrease its ATK by 700. Yami Yugi then switches this monster to Attack Position and uses it to attack Pegasus's "Ryu-Ran", but Pegasus activates "Trap Displacement" to change the target of "Spellbinding Circle" to this card, stopping its attack and decreasing this card's ATK by 700. "Ryu-Ran" then regained all the ATK it lost from "Spellbinding Circle". "Ryu-Ran" then attacks and destroys this card. Later Pegasus activates "Doppleganger" to Special Summon itself as this card with the same stats as this monster. "Toon World" then transforms this card into "Toon Summoned Skull". In the following episode, "Doppleganger" is still shown as this card, which was transformed into "Toon Summoned Skull". This remains this way until Yugi activates "Living Arrow" to activate the effect of Pegasus' "Magical Neutralizing Force" to destroy "Toon World" and nullify all lingering Spell and Trap Card effects.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card appears in Yugi's thoughts when he notes it will take all the wisdom his grandfather taught him and all the power in his cards to defeat Pegasus.
- In episode 41, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Rebecca Hawkins. After this card is summoned, Yugi uses this card to attack Rebecca's set monster. It is then revealed to be "Millennium Shield", causing the attack to fail. Later this card attacks Rebecca's "Cannon Soldier", but due to the effect of "Ring of Magnetism", the attack is redirected to "Millennium Shield" and the attack ends in a stalemate. In the next episode, this card attacks and destroys "Cannon Soldier". Rebecca then activates "Judgment Blaster" to destroy this card and "Catapult Turtle".
- In episode 43, this card appears on the rack of cards that Yugi, Joey, and Mokuba Kaiba pass by while they are going through a town.
- In episode 44, Yugi uses this card when he and his friends were confronted by a "Gate Guardian" at the end of the labyrinth that was within The Big Five's Virtual World Program. He activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with Joey's "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and Fusion Summon "Black Skull Dragon".
- In episode 50, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Bandit Keith while the latter was possessed by Marik Ishtar. After Yugi summons this card, it gains 750 ATK due to the effect of "Makiu, the Magical Mist. This card then attacks and destroys "Machine King" (whose ATK was 2500 due to its own effect). At the End Phase, this card's ATK decreased back to its original value. Later Keith's "Zera the Mant" attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 57, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against a Rare Hunter. He Tribute Summons this card by Tributing "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast". This card then attacks and destroys the Rare Hunter's "Gear Golem the Moving Fortress". On the final turn of the duel, this card attacks directly. "Alpha The Magnet Warrior" then attacks directly. Yugi then uses the effect of "Alpha The Magnet Warrior" to increase its ATK by 200 during the Damage Step. The attack then wipes out the remainder of Seeker's Life Points, winning Yugi the duel.
- In episode 63, this card appears in a flashback Weevil has when he remembers the shame he got from being beaten by Yugi back at Duelist Kingdom.
- In episode 78, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Joey has when he starts to remember that he is a Duelist (as Marik Ishtar brainwashed him into Dueling Yugi and defeating him).
- In episode 85, this card can be seen when Yugi is rebuilding his Deck.
- In episode 99, this card appears when Yami Yugi was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Gansley.
- In episode 106, this card can be seen when Duke Devlin, Tristan Taylor, and Serenity Wheeler were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against Nezbitt.
- In episode 108, this card can be seen when Seto Kaiba was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Leichter.
- In episode 111, this card can be seen when Yami Yugi and Joey were building their Virtual World Decks for their Duel against the Big Five.
- In episode 144, this card is shown when Téa Gardner and Serenity Wheeler go through a park. They see a kid use this card during his Duel against another kid. The former kid Tribute Summons this card by Tributing "Big Shield Gardna". This card then attacks and destroys the latter duelist's "Jinzo". "St. Joan" then attacks and destroys this card, defeating the former Duelist.
- In episode 148, this card is seen in Rex Raptor's fantasy when he thinks the reason why Maximillion Pegasus invited Yugi Muto and his friends was because he wanted to give them rare cards just for them.
- In episode 159, this card appears in one of two flashbacks Weevil and Rex have when they remember their losses against Yugi and Joey respectively in Duelist Kingdom and declare to Dartz they want revenge against Yugi and Joey for those losses.
- In episode 182, Yami Yugi Summons this card to aide in the battle against The Great Leviathan. Yami, Joey, and Kaiba, after bringing out three monsters each, then summoned their Legendary Dragons. Yami Yugi then used "Legend of Heart" to transform the Dragons into the three Legendary Knights. All the monsters summoned by Yami Yugi, Joey, and Kaiba then attack The Great Leviathan, but it doesn't work. When the Great Leviathan counterattacks, Yami Yugi quickly has Timaeus absorb the power of "Big Shield Gardna" to protect everyone from the attack. While this saves the chosen Duelists and the Legendary Knights, it doesn't save the other monsters summoned by the Chosen Duelists as they were destroyed by the attack.
After being sucked into the world of Capsule Monsters, Solomon Muto freed Summoned Skull from a capsule. It served as Solomon's only means of protection and, when Yugi and his friends arrived, saved Téa and Tristan from the assault of a "High Tide Gyojin". It later perished against the stone guardians of the Fortress of Fear.
- In episode 200, this card appears within Yami Yugi's mind when Yami Bakura claims to him that his mind is an unsolvable maze and that he pursues games like riddles.
- In episode 223, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He Tribute Summons this card by Tributing "Witch of the Black Forest". This activates the effect of "Witch of the Black Forest", allowing Yugi to add "Marshmallon" from his Deck to his hand. This card then attacks and destroys "Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight". On Yugi's next turn, this card attacks "Big Shield Gardna". The attack fails, but Yugi did this on purpose so that the effect of "Big Shield Gardna" would switch the latter monster into Attack Position. Later "Dark Magician" (whose ATK was 2800 due to "Book of Secret Arts") attacks and destroys this card.
- This card also appears in a flashback that Téa Gardner has when she notes that "Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight" and this card are monsters that have fought alongside Yugi in his previous Duels.
- In episode 224, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he remembers Yugi adding "Marshmallon" from his Deck to his hand via the effect of "Witch of the Black Forest".
- In episode 41, Titan uses this card during his Duel against Alexis Rhodes. He activates "Ritual of the Matador" to Tribute this card and Ritual Summon "Matador Fiend".
- In episode 142, during Skull Knight's Duel against Axel Brodie, Skull Knight picks up this card from his Deck and sends it to the Graveyard via the Flip Effect of "Magical Merchant".
- In the non-canon duel YCS Providence 2012 Special: Mai, Joey and Yugi vs. Pegasus and Bakura, Yami Yugi discards this card during his duel against Yami Bakura by the effect of "Card Destruction".
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2014 Special: Astral vs. Yugi, Yugi discards this card by the effect of "Graceful Charity".
- Titan uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force.
- Motoi uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2009: Stardust Accelerator.