- In episode 142, Yuma Tsukumo uses this card during his Duel against Nash. He Xyz Summons this card via "Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force", which targeted "Number 39: Utopia". This card attacks "Chaos Xyz Barian Hope" and this card's third effect reduces the ATK of "Barian Hope" to 0 during the Battle Phase only, but Nash activates "Xyz Trip" to pay Life Points equal to this card's ATK and end the Battle Phase. Later "Barian Hope" (whose ATK was 7000 through its own effect) attacks this card, but Yuma activates "Weaker Overlay" to increase this card's ATK by 4200 (600 for each Overlay Unit "Barian Hope" had). Nash activates the effect of "Chaos Number 103: Ragnafinity" via the third effect of "Barian Hope" to inflict damage to Yuma equal to the change in ATK, but Yuma activates "Damage Reactor" to reduce the damage to 0 and increase this card's ATK by 800. This card then destroys "Barian Hope". In the next episode, Nash activates "Reincarnation of the Seven Emperors" to reduce the damage to 0 and Special Summon "Black Ray Lancer". After Nash explains that "Reincarnation of the Seven Emperors" will inflict damage to Yuma equal to the ATK of "Black Ray Lancer", Yuma activates this card's last effect to detach "Utopia", banish this card, revive "Utopia" and gain Life Points equal to half the ATK of "Utopia".
- In episode 144, Astral uses this card during his Duel against Yuma. He Special Summons this card and "Chaos Number 39: Utopia Ray Victory" from his Extra Deck via "Double-Rank-Up-Magic Utopia Force". The latter card also attaches the Overlay Units of "Number 39: Utopia" to both this card and "Utopia Ray Victory". After Astral enters his Battle Phase, this card's third effect causes the ATK of "Gogogo Golem" to become 0. Later, this card attacks and destroys "Gagaga Magician". Later, Astral activates this card's final effect to detach an Overlay Unit, banish "Number 25: Force Focus", revive "Utopia", and gain Life Points equal to half the ATK of "Utopia". In the next episode, Yuma activates the effect of "Gagaga Cowboy", but Astral reminds him this card's second effect prevents his monsters from being affected by Yuma's card effects. Later "Gagaga Samurai" attacks this card and the effect of "Gagaga Mirror Slash" makes its ATK and name become the same as this card's. Due to "Gagaga Mirror Slash", "Gagaga Samurai" can't be destroyed in battle, so only this card is destroyed. "Gagaga Mirror Slash" then inflicts damage to Astral equal to this card's ATK. In the final episode, Astral activates the second effect of "Number 99: Utopic Dragon" to revive this card with its effect negated. When Yuma activates the second effect of "Future Number 0: Utopic Future" to take control of "Utopic Dragon", Astral activates the final effect of "Utopic Dragon" to negate that effect, destroy all other monsters on the field and inflict damage to Yuma equal to the combined ATK of the destroyed monsters on the field. Yuma then activates the third and final effects of "Utopic Future" to prevent its destruction and take no effect damage. Later, this card is shown when Yuma counts up the number of "Number" monsters in both players' Graveyards for the effect of "Memories of Courage".
- In the second above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback Quinton has when he notes Yuma didn't forget that since Astral summoned "Utopia Ray" and "Utopia Ray V" by negating their effects, they could be destroyed in battle by non "Number" monsters.
- In the second above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback Astral has when he states to Yuma that when he saw Yuma looking at the five forms of "Utopia", he should have noticed that Yuma had anticipated that Astral would have summoned five forms of "Utopia" during the Duel.
- In the third above-mentioned episode, this card is shown during the summon of "Utopic Dragon".
- This card's attack name is "Hope Sword Beyond the Slash". Its attack name in the English Dub is "Rising Sun Beyond Slash".
Yu-Gi-Oh! D Team ZEXAL
- In chapter 24, Yuma Tsukumo plays this card against Master Evil, Yuma activates "Rank-Up-Magic Astral Force" to Double Rank-Up "Number 39: Utopia" and Special Summon this monster. Due to this cards effect, the ATK of Master Evil's "Number C39: Utopia Ray V" becomes 0. This card attacks "Utopia Ray V" but Master Evil activates "Dimensional Prison", which would Banish this card but Yuma activates this cards effect, detaching one Overlay Unit to banish this monster and Special Summon "Utopia" from the Graveyard, Yuma then gains 1250 Life Points, increasing his Life Points from 900 to 2150. Yuma then activates the effect of "ZS - Vanish Sage", since this card was banished, "Banish Sage" banishes itself to Special Summon this card. Then the effect of "Banish Sage" banishes "Utopia Ray V", since it has less than 3000 ATK. This card and "Utopia" attacks Master Evil directly, winning Yuma the duel.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.