- In episode 29, Jack Atlas Sets this card during his Ground Duel against Tetsu Trudge while the latter was a Shadow Drone, but never activates it.
- In episode 76, Jack uses this card during his Ground Duel against Syd. When "Combat Wheel" attacks "Vice Dragon" (whose ATK and DEF were halved due to its own effect), Jack activates this card to Tribute "Vice Dragon" and Special Summon three Nightmare Archfiend Tokens to Syd's side of the field. A replay occurs and Syd chooses not to attack. On the final turn of the Duel, "Chaos King Archfiend" attacks "Combat Wheel", but Syd activates the effect of "Combat Wheel", discarding "Urgent Tuning" to increase the ATK of "Combat Wheel" by half the ATK of every other monster he controls, making the ATK of "Combat Wheel" 5500(the ATK of every Nightmare Archfiend Token Syd controls was 2000). Jack then activates the effect of "Chaos King Archfiend" to swap the ATK and DEF of every monster Syd controls. "Chaos King Archfiend" then destroys "Combat Wheel". Since "Combat Wheel" was destroyed in the turn Syd activated its effect, its second effect activates, destroying the Nightmare Archfiend tokens and inflicting 800 damage to Syd for every token destroyed. Since all three were destroyed, Syd takes 2400 damage and Jack wins the Duel.
- In episode 84, two copies of this card fell out of the Fake Jack Atlas' Deck after the real Jack defeated him.
- In episode 113, Jack uses this card during his Ground Duel against the Familiar of Red Nova. He uses this card to Tribute "Synchro Soldier" and Special Summon three Nightmare Archfiend Tokens to the Familiar's side of the field. The second effect of "Abyss Kid" then activates, destroying the tokens. The Familiar then takes 2400 damage (800 damage for each token destroyed).
- Jack uses this card during his Turbo Duel against Yusei Fudo. He uses this card to Special Summon three Nightmare Archfiend Tokens to Yusei's side of the field by Tributing "Trap Eater". A replay occurs, and Jack uses "Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode" to attack and destroy a "Nightmare Archfiend Token". Yusei takes no Battle Damage due to the effect of "Jump Guard", but he takes 800 damage due to the token's destruction. The first effect of "Red Dragon Archfiend/Assault Mode" then activates, destroying the two remaining tokens and inflicting 1600 damage to Yusei.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.