- In episode 126, Yami Marik uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. He Special Summons this card to Joey's side of the field by Tributing Joey's "Jinzo" and "Baby Dragon". In the next episode, this card attacks directly, but Marik activates "Relieve Monster" to return "Plasma Eel" to his hand and Special Summon it in Defense Position. "Plasma Eel" then intercepts the attack, but it's not destroyed due to its own effect. During Joey's End Phase, this card's effect activates, inflicting 700 damage to Joey. Yami Marik then activates "Machine Duplication" to Special Summon two more "Plasma Eels". They then equipped themselves onto this card and "Rocket Warrior" respectively. After Joey activates "Graceful Dice" to roll a die and he gets a six, "Graceful Dice" multiplies the ATK of "Plasma Eel" by the result, making its ATK 3000. This causes "Machine Duplication" and the equipped "Plasma Eels" to be destroyed since "Plasma Eel" now had more than 500 ATK. Joey then Tributes this card, "Panther Warrior", and "Rocket Warrior" in order to Tribute Summon "Gilford the Lightning".
- In episode 135, this card is seen in a flashback Yugi Muto has when he remembers Joey's Duel against Yami Marik.
- In the original, this card's attack name is Golem Volcano, but Jonouchi decides to rename it to Jonouchi Fire.
- In episode 155, Yubel uses this card during her duel against Jaden Yuki. After Yubel activates "Chain Material" to allow her to banish monsters in her field, hand, Deck, and Graveyard and use those monsters as Fusion Material Monsters when she performs a Fusion Summon this turn, she chooses twelve monsters (which were this card, "Grave Squirmer", "Giant Germ", "Chaos Core", "Phantom of Chaos", "Dark Summoning Beast", "Infernal Incinerator", "Maju Garzett", "Infernal Flame Emperor", "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms", "Gate Guardian", and "Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare") each with a consecutive Level from 1 to 12 from her field and hand as Fusion Material Monsters for "Super Fusion God". Yubel then activates this card to banish her twelve selected monsters from her Deck and field in order to Fusion Summon "Super Fusion God" (whose Summoning would unite the twelve dimensions into one), but Jaden activates "Spiritual Fusion" and selects to use "Super Polymerization" to fuse his soul with Yubel's. By doing this, Jaden frees Yubel from the Light's influence and unites her with the Supreme King forever.
- Sadie and Corey use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force as part of Burn and "Final Countdown" Decks, respectively.
- Yami Marik uses this in Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007.
- Lazar uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia. Lava Golem itself also uses it in the World Championship Mode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.