- In episode 5, Weevil Underwood uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He initially sets this monster in Defense Position. On Weevil's next turn, he flips this card face-up. He would then equip it with "Cocoon of Evolution", so that way it will become "Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth" in 5 turns. Yugi tried to attack this card with "Gaia The Fierce Knight", which caused the attack to fail. 3 turns later, Yugi used a combination of "Curse of Dragon" and "Burning Land" to destroy the forest area around the field and remove the Field Power Bonus to this card. Yugi then attacks this card with "Gaia" again. This time Yugi succeeds in destroying this card, but since this card was equipped with "Cocoon of Evolution" for 4 turns, Weevil was able to summon "Great Moth" in its place.
- In episode 63, Weevil uses this card during his duel against Joey Wheeler. He summons this card through the effect of "Pinch Hopper". He then equips this card with "Cocoon of Evolution" which made its ATK 0 and its DEF 2000. Weevil then activates "Reckless Parasite" to Special Summon "Parasite Paracide" onto Joey's side of the field and turn all of Joey's monsters into Insects. Weevil then explains that any Insect Joey controls can't be Tributed, so Joey's "Panther Warrior" is rendered incapable of attacking. "Little-Winguard" then attacks this card, but Weevil activates "Insect Barrier" to prevent Joey from attacking with Insect-type monsters. Four turns later, Weevil sends this card to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon "Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth".
- In episode 161, this card is shown in a flashback explained by Rex Raptor which involved the fame he and Weevil Underwood lost after they lost to Yugi Muto and Joey and what became of their lives after their losses. Near the end of the flashback, the two of them were beaten up in an alley by three men who were helping a kid that Weevil and Rex tricked while they were popular. After Rex and Weevil dropped their cards and got knocked out, this card was shown dropping to the ground.
- In the anime, Larvae Moth was equiped to "Cocoon of Evolution" by "Cocoon of Evolution"'s effects, and not Petit Moth, while in the anime Larvae Moth would be sent to the graveyard as Cocoon of Evolution would be Special Summoned in its place (The Cocoon can still be sent to the graveyard to special summon Great Moth or Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth using their effects).
- In episode 35, this card is one of the weak monsters that Chazz Princeton rescued from the Reject Well.
- This monster was later shown in Chazz's room when he could no longer take having so many Duel Monster Spirits in his room. Ojama Yellow claims that Chazz said any monster is useful even if it has no ATK. Chazz yells at the spirits that the Duel made him learn that he can't use all the Spirits in a Duel.
- In episode 39, this monster was one of the Duel Monster Spirits that were having a party in Chazz's dorm room after the Dark Scorpions were defeated.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.