- In episode 65, Strings uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi while the former was possessed by Marik Ishtar. He activates this card after he Normal Summons "Revival Jam". On Strings' next turn, this card Special Summons a "Slime Token". Yugi then pointed out that the tokens will be easily destroyed due to their weak ATK. "Buster Blader" then attacks the "Slime Token", but Strings activates "Jam Defender" to redirect the attack to "Revival Jam", destroying it. "Revival Jam" then revives itself shortly after due to its own effect. On Strings' next Standby Phase, this card Special Summons a second "Slime Token" In the next episode, this card Special Summons a third "Slime Token". Strings then Tributes all three tokens in order to Tribute Summon "Slifer the Sky Dragon". Since Strings summoned a monster besides a Slime Token, this card is destroyed.
- In episode 67, Strings drops this this card from his hand when Marik realizes that he will lose once Strings Decks Out. This card is later shown after Strings loses and collapses to the ground.
- In episode 90, Yami Marik uses this card during his duel against Mai Valentine. He activates this card as part of his plan to summon "The Winged Dragon of Ra". On Yami Marik's next Standby Phase, this card Special Summons a "Slime Token". Later Mai activates "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy all Spell and Trap Cards Yami Marik controls. "Dunames Dark Witch" then attacks and destroys the "Slime Token".
- This card also appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he recognizes the Slime monsters that Yami Marik was using as the same cards that Marik used in his Duel against Yami Yugi while the former was Dueling through Strings.
- When this card was used in the anime, Jam Breeding Machine was treated like a monster as it was sacrificed along with 3 Slime Tokens to summon Slifer the Sky Dragon.
- Normally, Strings would not be allowed to Summon any monster while Jam Breeding Machine is on the field, but the Spell Card was destroyed when Slifer was Summoned. This happened because Strings broke the card's rule, thus causing it to be destroyed. He stated "I sacrifice my breeding machine and three Slime Tokens" and treated it like a monster presumably for dramatic effect.
- In a close-up when Strings was placing Jam Defender face-down we can see just "Jam Breeding Machine" in his field, but in that moment Revival Jam was in the field too. In the dub of that episode we can see a lot of mistakes more about the field.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.