- In episode 60, this card can be seen in Seto Kaiba's briefcase when he offers all the rare cards inside the briefcase to Koji Nagumo.
- In the manga, this card was Koji Nagumo's rarest card. After beating an opponent, he was unhappy with the card he won through the ante rule, and he demanded his opponent give him a card of equal value to Hyozanryu or ¥100,000 (about US$900 at the time). After Mokuba Kaiba appears and calls foul, Seto Kaiba takes and tears up the card, claiming to have "36 cards just like this one" and that Nagumo was going to lose the card anyway in their duel.
- In episode 68, Kaiba uses this card during his Tag Duel with Yami Yugi against two Rare Hunters. He Special Summons this card and three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" via the effects of two copies of "The Flute of Summoning Dragon". On Kaiba's next turn, he Tributes the three "Blue-Eyes White Dragons" to Summon "Obelisk the Tormentor". He then Tributes this card and "Lord of D." in order to activate the effect of "Obelisk the Tormentor".
- In episode 108, this card is shown in Kaiba's hand during his Duel against Leichter. In the next episode, "Spirit Ryu" attacks "Injection Fairy Lily". Leicther then activates the effect of "Injection Fairy Lily", paying 2000 Life Points to increase the ATK of "Injection Fairy Lily" by 3000 during the Damage Step only. Kaiba then activates this card's effect to discard this card and "Cave Dragon" and increase the ATK of "Spirit Ryu" by 2000 (1000 for each Dragon-type monster discarded this way). "Injection Fairy Lily" then destroys "Spirit Ryu", but Kaiba wanted this to happen as he needed to make Leichter's Life Points low enough for him to destroy "Injection Fairy Lily" without a problem.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
- In the second above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto that his treachery began when Gozaburo gave him a large amount of dollars to test Seto's business skills.
- In episode 159, this card is shown when Weevil Underwood and Rex Raptor are taken to a vault within Paradius's headquarters that contains copies of every card in existence (with the exception of the Legendary Dragons and the Egyptian Gods).
- In episode 186, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against the KC DuelTek 760 while the former was using Rick's Deck. He draws this card and five other Dragon-type monsters via the effect of "Heart of the Underdog". Yugi later discards this card and the five other Dragon-type Normal Monsters that he drew, so that "Spirit Ryu" would gain 1000 ATK for each Dragon discarded.
- In episode 22, Bastion Misawa uses this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. He Special Summons this card via the effect of "Carboneddon". This card then attacks Jaden's "Elemental Hero Bubbleman", but Jaden destroys "Bubble Blaster" via its second effect to prevent his monster's destruction and reduce the Battle Damage he would take to 0. Later this card attacks "Elemental Hero Clayman". Due to the effect of "Skyscraper", "Clayman" gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only. This card then destroys "Clayman". Bastion then activates "A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon" to return this card to his hand and destroy Jaden's "Skyscraper".
- In episode 35, Slade Princeton uses this card during his Duel against Chazz Princeton. He Special Summons this card via the effect of "King Dragun". Later Chazz activates "Ojama Delta Hurricane!!" to destroy all cards on Slade's side of the field.
- This card can also be seen in the briefcase full of cards that Slade shows to Chazz.
- In episode 49, this card is seen in Slade Princeton and Jagger Princeton's briefcase, and is drained by the "Sacred Beasts" for Kagemaru. After Jaden defeats Kagemaru, the cards in the briefcase are restored.
- In episode 62, this card appears in one of the many flashback bubbles Jaden sees in as he travels into Neo Space.
- In episode 66, this card appears in a flashback Jaden has when he sees Wheeler as Bastion which makes Jaden remember his Duel against Bastion.
- In episode 88, this card appears within a series of flashbacks Chazz has when he notes to himself that even though he is someone who has gotten dirty and stains all over himself he knows that he is.
- Its attack name is Diamond Devastator in the dub and Diamond Burst in the original.
- In chapter 2, this card is shown alongside a few others in the explanation of how Duel Monster Spirits work in the manga.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.