- In episode 156, Rafael uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He Special Summons this card from his hand due to "Gravity Axe" being on the field and due to this card being the only card in Rafael's hand. Rafael then uses the effect of "Backup Gardna" to equip "Gravity Axe" onto this card, increasing its ATK by 500. This card then attacks and destroys Yami's "Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast". Later "Kuribabylon" (whose ATK was 3000 due to it being powered up by "Pump Up") attacks this card, but Rafael activates the effect of "Rescuer from the Grave" from his Graveyard, banishing "Rescuer from the Grave" and four other cards to negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. Later this card then attacks "Kuriboh". In the next episode, Yami Yugi activates the effect of "Kuribee" to negate the attack. Later "Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight" attacks this card. Yami then activates the effect of "Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knihgt" to destroy this card and negate all Battle Damage by discarding one card, but Rafael activates "Self Tribute" to prevent this card from being destroyed by paying 1000 Life Points. On Yami's next turn, he uses his "Dragon Knight" to attack this card, but Rafael activates "Crystal Seal" to prevent it from attacking or from defending Yami's Life Points. Later Rafael uses this card to attack and destroy Yami Yugi's set "Big Shield Gardna". In the following episode, "Kuribabylon" (whose ATK was 4500 due to it being powered up by its own effect and "The Seal of Orichalcos") attacks and destroys this card. Because this card was sent to the Graveyard, Rafael's "Purity of the Cemetery" was destroyed. Later Rafael activates "Monster Rebirth" to return this card from his Graveyard to his deck.
- In the first above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Rafael has when he explains his backstory to Yami Yugi. This card, "Eatos", and "Kay'est" became the spirits that would protect and help Rafael while he was on the island that he was stranded on. The three cards were nearly swept off into the ocean, but Rafael saves them and keeps them close to a fire to dry them off. After a while, Rafael rows to a new island on a new raft, but gets stopped by a pillar of light. When he wakes up, he finds himself lying on his raft, but a boat comes to his rescue. After Rafael returns to civilization, he soon meets the voice he heard while on the raft. The island that he saw before comes into view and Dartz offers Rafael to help him rebuild civilization to how it should have been. He creates a pillar path that Rafael and his three Guardians travel across as they head towards the island.
- In episode 174, Rafael uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He Special Summons this card from his hand due to "Gravity Axe" being on the field and due to this card being the only card in Rafael's hand. Rafael then activatees the effect of "Backup Gardna" to equip "Gravity Axe" onto this card, increasing its ATK by 500. This card then attacks and destroys "Queen's Knight". Yami Yugi then activates "Monster Reborn" to revive his "Queen's Knight". He then summons "King's Knight" and used its effect to summon "Jack's Knight". Yami Yugi then activates "Brave Attack" to add up the ATK of all three "Knights" and use his Knights to attack and destroy this card, but Rafael activates "Guardian Force" to negate the effect of "Brave Attack" and destroy it. Later this card attacks and destroys "King's Knight". On Yami Yugi's next turn, he activates the effect of "Kuriboo" to decrease this card's ATK by 1500 until the End Phase. After Yami Yugi summons "Kuribabylon", he activates "Mystical Space Typhoon" to destroy "Gravity Axe - Grarl" and decrease this card's ATK by 500. "Kuribabylon" then attacks this card, but Rafael sends "Guardian Shield" to the Graveyard to prevent this card from being destroyed, however he still takes Battle Damage. On Yami Yugi's End Phase, this card's ATK returned to 2500. Rafael then activates "The Seal of Orichalcos". In the next episode, this card gains 500 ATK due to "The Seal of Orichalcos". This card then attacks and destroys "Kuribabylon". Yami Yugi then activates "Rope of Life" to revive "Kuribabylon" and increase its ATK by 800. Later "Guardian Eatos" attacks "Dark Magician", but Yugi activates "Magical Hats" to hide "Dark Magician" and "Big Shield Gardna" within two of four hats. "Guardian Eatos" then destroys a hat and it's revealed to contain "Big Shield Gardna". "Gurdian Elma" then attacks and destroys an empty hat. This card then attacks another hat, but it's revealed to be empty. Later the darkness in Rafael's heart corrupted him after "Eatos" was destroyed and "Guardian Dreadscythe" was summoned. On Rafael's turn, he activates the third effect of "Guardian Dreadscythe" to destroy all of his other monsters and increase the ATK of "Guardian Dreadscythe" to 5500. In the following episode, Rafael regains control over his emotions when "Dreadscythe" was destroyed. Rafael then activates the effect of "Underworld Circle" to revive this card. He then activates "Soul Charge" to revive "Backup Gardna", Guardian Elma" and "Guardian Kay'est" and take 500 damage for each monster revived this way. Since three were revived this way, Rafael takes 1500 damage which wins Yami Yugi the Duel. Rafael did this on purpose so that he could empty his Graveyard until there were no more monsters in it.
- In the second above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he notes to Rafael his heart was crying when this card was destroyed and he ruthlessly sacrificed his monsters.
- In the third above-mentioned episode, this card appeared within a series of flashbacks involving Rafael's bond with his family and monsters. During the flashback, Yami Yugi said that Rafael's bond with his family and monsters can change destiny.
- This card appears in the GX Japanese closing song, Borderline Battle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.