- In the dub, this card's Summon chant was: Elements of Thunder, Water and Wind. Suijin, Sanga, Kazejin begin. Meld your powers in eternal light. Show these fools your unstoppable might. He is pain beyond description. He'll mark the graves with your inscription. Gate Guardian!
- In episode 20, the Paradox Brothers use this card during their Tag Duel against Yami Yugi and Joey Wheeler. It was treated as being three monsters and could negate attacks based on the "pieces" remaining. In the next episode, the top portion ("Sanga of the Thunder") attacks Joey's "Flame Swordsman", but Yugi activates "Mirror Force" to deflect the attack back at this card. Dox uses the effect of "Kazejin" to reduce the damage to zero and protect "Gate Guardian". "Monster Tamer" is still destroyed. Joey then uses his "Salamandra"-equipped "Flame Swordsman" to attack the middle section ("Kazejin"), but "Suijin" used its effect to reduce the damage done to zero and protect "Gate Guardian". The bottom portion (Suijin") attacks on the next turn. Due to the weakness that "Flame Swordsman" has to water, it loses 300 ATK. The attack then destroys "Flame Swordsman". Yugi then uses the water flooded into the maze to his advantage by using "Summoned Skull" to attack "Suijin". Yugi then activates "Spellbinding Circle" to immobilize "Gate Guardian", decrease the portions' ATK by 700 and, prevent their effects from activating. The "Suijin" portion is then destroyed. Para then activates "Remove Trap" to destroy "Spellbinding Circle". Yugi then activates "Polymerization" to fuse "Summoned Skull" with Joey's "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and Fusion Summon "Black Skull Dragon". Dox then activates "Riryoku" to halve both Yugi and Joey's Life Points and increase the ATK of "Gate Guardian" by the amount Yugi and Joey lost. Yami Yugi then activates "Monster Reborn" to revive "Suijin" under his control. This card then attacks "Dark Magician", but Yugi uses the effect of "Suijin" to negate the attack. Joey then activates "Copycat" to activate the effect of "Riryoku" which halves both Para and Dox's Life Points and increases the ATK of "Black Skull Dragon" by the amount the brothers lost. "Kazejin" then attacks "Suijin", but Yami Yugi uses the latter's effect to negate the attack. "Sanga" then attacks and destroys "Suijin". Later Yami Yugi activates "Monster Replace" to swap the positions of his "Dark Magician" and "Black Skull Dragon". "Black Skull Dragon" then attacks and destroys the remainder of this card, winning Yami Yugi and Joey the Duel.
- In episode 43, this card appears on the rack of cards that Yugi Muto, Joey, and Mokuba Kaiba pass by while they are going through a town.
- In episode 44, Yugi's group encountered this monster in the Virtual Game they were in. This time, it apparently counted as a single monster. Yugi then activates "Polymerization" to fuse his "Summoned Skull" with "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" and Fusion Summon "Black Skull Dragon". Joey then equips "Black Skull Dragon" with "Dragon Nails", increasing its ATK by 700. "Black Skull Dragon" then attacks and destroys this monster.
- In episode 64, this card is shown as one of only two monsters that Weevil Underwood claims surpass his "Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth" in terms of ATK. The only other monster was "Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon".
- In episode 78, this card appears in a series of flashbacks Joey has when he starts to remember that he is a Duelist (as Marik Ishtar brainwashed him into Dueling Yugi and defeating him).
- In episode 159, this card is shown when Weevil Underwood and Rex Raptor are taken to a vault within Paradius's headquarters that contains copies of every card in existence (with the exception of the Legendary Dragons and the Egyptian Gods).
- In episode 10, Para uses this card during his Tag Duel with Dox against Jaden Yuki and Syrus Truesdale. He Special Summons this card by tributing "Sanga of the Thunder", "Kazejin", and "Suijin". Para then uses this card to attack and destroy Syrus's "Steam Gyroid". Later Dox equips this card with "Fairy Meteor Crush" which grants this card the ability to inflict piercing damage. Syrus then activates "Mystical Space Typhoon" to destroy the Equip Card, but Para activates "Judgment of Anubis" to negate the effect of "Mystical Space Typhoon" and destroy it. After that "Judgment of Anubis" destroys "Elemental Hero Rampart Blaster" and inflicts its ATK as damage to Jaden. Later this card attacks and destroys Syrus's "Cycroid". This card then inflicts piercing damage to Syrus. In the next episode, Jaden uses the effect of "Spark Blaster" to switch this card into Defense Position. Later "Drillroid" attacks "Defense Wall". The attack fails, but the effect of "Drillroid" destroys "Defense Wall". Syrus then activates "Shield Crush" to destroy this card. Para then activates "Dark Element" to pay half of his team's Life Points and Special Summon "Dark Guardian" from his Deck.
- In episode 155, Yubel uses this card during her duel against Jaden Yuki. After Yubel activates "Chain Material" to allow her to banish monsters in her field, hand, Deck, and Graveyard and use those monsters as Fusion Material Monsters when she performs a Fusion Summon this turn, she chooses twelve monsters (which were this card, "Grave Squirmer", "Giant Germ", "Chaos Core", "Phantom of Chaos", "Dark Summoning Beast", "Infernal Incinerator", "Maju Garzett", "Lava Golem", "Infernal Flame Emperor", "Raviel, Lord of Phantasms", and "Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare") each with a consecutive Level from 1 to 12 from her field and hand as Fusion Material Monsters for "Super Fusion God". Yubel then activates this card to banish her twelve selected monsters from her Deck and field in order to Fusion Summon "Super Fusion God" (whose Summoning would unite the twelve dimensions into one), but Jaden activates "Spiritual Fusion" and selects to use "Super Polymerization" to fuse his soul with Yubel's. By doing this, Jaden frees Yubel from the Light's influence and unites her with the Supreme King forever.
- In episode 179, this card is shown in a flashback Alexis has when she explains to her classmates that three years ago all graduating classmates knocked on the door of Duel Academy with their own hopes and dreams and it was here that the students met many friends and teachers and learned numerous things through Duels.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.