- In episode 11, Joey Wheeler uses this card during his Duel against Rex Raptor. After this card is summoned, it gains a Field Power Bonus from the meadow area. "Megazowler" then attacks this card, but since this card is a FIRE monster, "Megazowler" loses its Field Power Bonus. As a result, this card destroys "Megazowler". This card then attacks and destroys "Sword Arm of Dragon", "Crawling Dragon #2", and "Uraby" over Joey's next three turns. Later Rex's "Serpent Night Dragon" attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 12, Yugi Muto and his friends were showing to each other what their favorite card was. Joey showed this card and states it's his favorite. Yami Bakura would later seal Joey's soul within this card.
- In episode 13, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Yami Bakura. After this card was summoned, Yami Yugi was surprised that Joey's soul was within this card. This card then attacks and destroys "White Magical Hat". On Yugi's next turn, Joey attacks and destroys "Morphing Jar" before Yami Yugi can warn him about it. The Flip Effect of "Morphing Jar" then activates, forcing both players to discard their entire hand and draw five new cards. Later Joey attacks Yami Bakura's set "Man-Eater Bug" to prevent his friends from being destroyed by its effect. Joey's actions flip "Man-Eater Bug" face-up and activate its effect, but Yami Yugi activates "Horn of Heaven" to negate the Flip Effect of "Man-Eater Bug" and destroy "Man-Eater Bug" by Tributing this card. Téa Gardner is devastated and starts to cry over Joey's demise. This activates the Flip Effect of "Magician of Faith", allowing Yami Yugi to add "Reborn the Monster" from his Graveyard to his hand. He then activates "Reborn the Monster" to revive Joey (saving Joey before he got killed by the "Reaper of the Cards" in the Graveyard). This card remained on the field until the duel was over.
- This card also appears Yami Bakura's thoughts when he explained that he was going to use "Change of Heart" to take control of this card and use it to attack and destroy one of Yami Yugi's monsters and win the Duel.
- In episode 16, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Seto Kaiba. After this card is summoned, it attacks Kaiba's "Battle Ox", but the latter's effect then reduces this card's ATK by 300. "Battle Ox" then destroys this card.
- In episode 17, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Bonz. After this card is summoned, Joey uses this card to attack and destroy "Crass Clown". In the next episode, Joey summons "Time Wizard" and activates its effect in hopes of destroying all of Bonz's Zombies, however Joey loses on the gamble. As a result, both this card and "Time Wizard" were destroyed and Joey took damage equal to half the total ATK of his destroyed monsters.
- In episode 20, Joey uses this card during his Tag Duel with Yami Yugi against the Paradox Brothers. After Joey Normal Summons this card, he chose to move this card 4 spaces into the maze. After this card got together with "Dark Magician", "Celtic Guardian", and "Axe Raider" in the same place, Para activate "Magical Labyrinth" to separate Yugi's cards and Joey's cards from each other. Joey then has his cards advance and regroup out of the maze, but his "Axe Raider" gets ambushed and destroyed by the brothers' "Jirai Gumo". The brothers then moved "Labyrinth Tank" until it was right behind "Jirai Gumo". Yugi then activates "Mystic Box" to destroy "Jirai Gumo" and put "Dark Magician" where "Jirai Gumo" used to be. "Dark Magician" then attacks and destroys "Labyrinth Tank" Later, Yugi activates "Magical Hats" to hide this card and "Dark Magician" from the brothers' "Dungeon Worm". After "Dungeon Worm" destroys an empty hat, Joey releases this card from the hat it was in and equips it with "Salamandra" which increases this card's ATK by 700. This card then attacks "Dungeon Worm" and because of the weakness "Dungeon Worm" had to fire, it lost the bonus from the brothers' "Monster Tamer". This card then destroys "Dungeon Worm". When the brothers releases their "Gate Guardian", the brothers use the top section to attack this card. In the next episode, Yugi activates "Mirror Force" to send the attack right back, but the brothers uses the middle section to protect the top section, however the attack still destroys "Monster Tamer". Joey then uses this card to attack the middle section, but the brothers uses the bottom section to negate the attack. The bottom section then attacks the entire maze. Due to this card's weakness to water, it lost 300 ATK. The bottom section then destroys this card.
- In episode 22, this card appeared in a flashback Téa Gardner has when she remembers Yami Yugi's Duel with Yami Bakura and notes to herself that there may be two Yugis.
- In episode 31, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Bandit Keith. After this card is summoned, Joey equips this card with "Salamandra" which increases this card's ATK by 700. This card then attacks Keith's set "Zoa" (due to Keith "accidentally" revealing "Zoa" earlier), but Keith activates "Magic Metal Force" to transform "Zoa" into "Metalzoa". Due to the effect of "Magic Metal Force", the attack made by this card is deflected back at it, destroying this card and inflicting the ATK difference between this card and "Metalzoa" as damage to Joey.
- In episode 33, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Yugi Muto. After this card is summoned, Joey activates "Shield & Sword" to swap the ATK and DEF of all monster on the Field. This card then attacks and destroys Yugi's "Summoned Skull". At the End Phase, the effect of "Shield & Sword" expires, returning this card's ATK and DEF to their original value. Later Yugi's "Gaia the Dragon Champion" attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 37, this card appears in a flashback Tristan has when he notices that the look Bakura has is similar to the look Yami Bakura had when Yami Yugi dueled against him. Tristan, at this point, realizes that what happened back then wasn't a dream.
- In episode 43, Joey uses this card when he, Yugi, and Mokuba Kaiba had to fight three zombies. Joey, without thinking, summons this card and uses it to attack and destroy "Dragon Zombie". "Dragon Zombie" then came back even stronger than before. "Dragon Zombie" then attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 44, Joey uses this card during his duel against the champion at the coliseum to win the "Niwatori". He summons this card on the first turn of the Duel. On Joey's next turn, he uses this card to attack the champion's "Harpie Lady", but the champion activates "Mirror Wall" to negate the attack and halve this card's ATK. The champion then equips "Rose Whip" onto "Harpie Lady" to increase its ATK and DEF by 300. "Harpie Lady" then attacks this card, but Joey takes the mask he's wearing off as he realizes the champion is Mai Valentine. When Mai sees this, she stops her attack on this card and decides to help her friends get through the sandstorm in the desert.
Post Duelist Kingdom
- In episode 46, this card is shown on some TV monitors that were showing the Duels that occurred in Duelist Kingdom.
- In episode 53, this card appears on a poster that Yugi and Téa Gardner read when they find a game store that was selling Duel Monster cards.
- In episode 104, Joey uses this card as his Deck Master during his Duel against Johnson. On the second turn of the Duel, Joey uses this card's Deck Master ability to decrease this card's ATK by 500 and increase the ATK of "Gearfried the Iron Knight" by the same result. On Joey's next turn, he uses this card's Deck Master Ability to decrease this card's ATK by 300 and increase the ATK of "Tiny Guardian" by the same amount. In the next episode, Joey moves this monster to the Field. He then equips this card with "Burning Soul Sword". Joey then activates "Arduous Decision" as Joey has no other monsters to Tribute for the effect of "Burning Soul Sword". Johnson nearly selects "Shield & Sword", but Joey's words make him second guess and select "Goblin Attack Force". Due to this, Joey Special Summons "Goblin Attack Force". Joey then Tributes "Goblin Attack Force" in order to activate the effect of "Burning Soul Sword", increasing this card's ATK by the ATK of "Goblin Attack Force". This card then attacks and destroys Johnson's "Dragoness the Wicked Knight", winning Joey the duel.
- In the former above-mentioned episode, this card is shown in a flashback Joey has when he notes to himself that he and this card have fought together side by side in the past.
- In episode 111, Joey uses this card as his Deck Master during his Tag Duel with Yami Yugi against the Big Five. In the next episode, Joey uses this card's Deck Master ability to decrease its ATK by 1000 and increase the ATK of "Rocket Warrior" by the same amount. In the following episode, Joey moves this card to the Field. Yugi then moves his Deck Master, "Dark Magician" to the field. Yugi then activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with "Dark Magician" in order to Fusion Summon "Dark Flare Knight". At the end of the Battle Phase, the last effect of "Mirage Knight" banishes itself and revives this card and "Dark Magician" in its place. Yugi then activates "Magical Hats" to hide his "Dark Magician". He then uses his Deck Master's Ability to duplicate the effect of "Magical Hats" and hide this card as well. "Berserk Dragon" then attacks all of the hats on Yugi's side of the field to destroy Yugi's "Dark Magician". The three empty hats were destroyed, but before "Berserk Dragon's" fourth attack could hit "Dark Magician", Joey orders his Deck Master to intercept the attack. Joey then activates "Silver Dollar" to prevent his monster from being destroyed and nullify the Battle Damage he would take. After Joey activates "Knight's Title" to Tribute Yugi's "Dark Magician" and Special Summon "Dark Magician Knight", he activates this card's Deck Master Ability to decrease its ATK by 700 and increase the ATK of "Dark Magician Knight" by the same amount. This card remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- In the third above-mentioned episode, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he remembers Joey using the Deck Master ability of "Flame Swordsman" to transfer 1000 of its ATK to this card which is why Joey was able to use "Silver Dollar" on "Flame Swordsman" when it intercepted the attack "Berserk Dragon" made on "Dark Magician".
- In episode 121, Joey Wheeler uses this card to fend off Gozaburo Kaiba's chess army. This card is shown working with Yugi's "Dark Magician" in fending off the monsters while Yugi, Joey, and Duke Devlin head for the arcade. Joey recalls this card back when Yugi tells Joey and Duke to go on while he holds off the chess army.
- In episode 128, Joey (in a dream) uses this card during his Duel against an unknown kid. After Joey summons this card, he uses this card to attack and destroy the kid's "Holograh", which wins Joey the Duel.
- In episode 133, this card is shown when Joey dreams he is dueling a kid in the finals of a tournament. After Joey summons this card, he equips "Gust Fan" onto "Metal Dragon", increasing its ATK by 400 and lowering its DEF by 200. Joey then activates "Shield & Sword" to swap the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the Field. Before "Shield & Sword" resolves, the kid activates "Castle Walls" to increase the DEF of "Metal Dragon" by 500. Joey doesn't notice this and he hastily uses this card to attack "Metal Dragon" without checking. As a result, "Metal Dragon" destroys this card and Joey loses the Duel.
- In episode 148, this card is seen in Rex Raptor's fantasy when he thinks the reason why Maximillion Pegasus invited Yugi Muto and his friends was because he wanted to give them rare cards just for them.
- In episode 172, Joey uses this card during his Duel against Mai. He Special Summons this card via the effect of "Blue Flame Swordsman". Joey then Tributes this card in order to Tribute Summon "Cyber-Tech Alligator". In the next episode, Joey revives this card via the first effect of "Blue Flame Swordsman" after "Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation" destroys Joey's "Blue Flame Swordsman". On the final turn of the duel, Mai uses the "Harpie Lady Sister" that was powered up by the second effect of "Blue Flame Swordsman" to attack this card, but Joey activates "Skull Dice" to roll a die and divide the ATK of the "Harpie Lady Sister" by the result. Joey gets a two, so the ATK of the attacking "Harpie Lady Sister" is halved. The attacking "Harpie Lady Sister" then destroys this card.
- In episode 182, Joey Summons this card to aide in the battle against The Great Leviathan. Yami, Joey, and Kaiba, after bringing out three monsters each, then summoned their Legendary Dragons. Yami then used "Legend of Heart" to transform the Dragons into the three Legendary Knights. All the monsters summoned by Yami, Joey, and Kaiba then attack The Great Leviathan, but it doesn't work. When the Great Leviathan counterattacks, Yami quickly has Timaeus absorb the power of "Big Shield Gardna" to protect everyone from the attack. While this saves the chosen Duelists and the Legendary Knights, it doesn't save the other monsters summoned by the Chosen Duelists as they were destroyed by the attack.
- In episode 218, Yugi and his friends encounter henchmen of Zorc Necrophades after they find the tablet that has Yami Yugi's real name. Joey summons this card and "Gearfried the Iron Knight" and use them to attack the henchmen. After a while, Yugi says there is no time to fight as they must find Yami Yugi. With all their concentration, Yugi and his friends escape the henchmen and head towards where Yami Yugi is.
- This card appears in the Anime's closing song Borderline Battle.
- This card's statue appears in an episode.
- In the non-canon duel YCS Origins 2016 Special: Joey vs. Pegasus, Joey Fusion Summons this card using "Flame Manipulator", "Masaki the Legendary Swordsman", and "Polymerization". Joey then equips this card with "Legendary Sword" and "Salamandra", increasing its ATK by 1000 and its DEF by 300. This card then attacks and destroys Pegasus' "Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss". The next turn, this card is destroyed by Pegasus' "Dark Hole".
- Another copy of this card can be seen in Joey's Extra Deck.
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.