- In the dub, the dilapidated doll that this card holds is removed as it resembled a mutilated child.
- In episode 82, Yami Bakura uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He Special Summons this card by banishing "The Portrait's Secret", "The Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams" and "Headless Knight" from his Graveyard. Later "Dark Magician Girl" (whose ATK was 2500 due to "Magic Formula") then attacks and destroys this card, but this allows Yami Bakura to activate "Dark Sanctuary" (as Yami Bakura wanted this to happen as part of his true strategy). In the next episode, Yami Yugi activates "Monster Reborn" to revive this card. This deactivates Yami Bakura's "Dark Sanctuary". This card then attacks directly. In the following episode, Yami Bakura activates the effect of "Jowgen the Spiritualist" to destroy this card, which allows Yami Bakura to reactivate "Dark Sanctuary".
- In episode 97, Yami Bakura uses this card during his Duel against Yami Marik. He Special Summons this card by banishing three unknown Fiend-type monsters in his Graveyard. Later Yami Marik activates "Monster Reborn" to revive "The Winged Dragon of Ra". He then activates Point-to-Point Transfer to transfer all but 1 of his Life Points to "Ra". "The Winged Dragon of Ra" then attacks and destroys all of Yami Bakura's monsters, defeating him.
- In episode 99, this card appears when Yami Yugi was building his Virtual World Deck for his Duel against Gansley.
- In episode 139, this card appears in a vision-like flashback Yami Marik shows to Yami Yugi when the former reveals what he did to Bakura.
Despite Scripted Duels being based off the anime, this card's destruction did not activate the effect of "Dark Sanctuary", most likely because "Dark Sanctuary" did not exist within the TCG/OCG at the time it was performed. Instead, its destruction took control of an opposing monster immediately after being destroyed. Furthermore, Bakura's commentary implies that after the controlled monster is destroyed, the owner of "Dark Necrofear" may take control of another opposing monster.
- In the non-canon duel YCS Providence 2012 Special: Mai, Joey and Yugi vs. Pegasus and Bakura, on his last turn, Yami Bakura summons this card against Yugi by banishing his own "The Earl of Demise" (which was discarded for the cost of Bakura's "Jowgen the Spiritualist") and "Dark Ruler Ha Des" (which was destroyed by battle by Yugi's "Valkyrion the Magna Warrior"), as well as Pegasus' "Toon Summoned Skull" in his Graveyard (which was destroyed by battle by Yugi's "Dark Magician"). This card then attacks and is destroyed by Yugi's "Valkyrion the Magna Warrior". This card's destruction allows Bakura to take control of Yugi's "Valkyrion". Bakura's "Valkryion" then attacks Yugi directly, and Yugi uses the Battle Damage from this attack as Activation Requirement for "Nutrient Z", which was previously set on his side of the field by Joey. Later, "Valkyrion" is attacked and destroyed by Yugi's "Dark Paladin" (which had 5400 ATK due to its own effect). As this attack loses Bakura the duel, "Dark Necrofear" is unable to take control of Yugi's "Dark Paladin" as intended.
- Yami Bakura uses this card in Yu-Gi-Oh! Reshef of Destruction.