- In the manga, "Dark Highlander's" attack name is "Death Polar" (死兆星斬, "Death Pola-Slay" in the Japanese version), its effect name that negates Synchro Summons is "Tropic of Death" (死回帰線, "Death Tropics" in the Japanese version).
- Jack chants "Star of death, shining at heaven's zenith. Descend to Earth and judge the living" (In the Japanese version he chants "The star of death that shines at the zenith of the heavens. Descend to the Earth and make judgment upon the living"), when he Synchro Summons this card.
- In Ride 5, this card attacks Yusei Fudo on his Duel Runner; Yusei barely manages to dodge. Jack then challenges Yusei to a duel.
- In Ride 6, Jack uses this card during his Turbo Duel against Yusei. He Synchro Summons this card by tuning "Magical King Moonstar" and "Gash the Dust Lord". It attacks "Scarred Warrior", who is not destroyed, due to the latter's effect. This card's effect prevents Yusei from Synchro Summoning "Lightning Warrior". Jack uses this card's other effect to destroy "Cursed Shield" and "Archfiend Chains", inflicting plenty of damage on Yusei. Finally Jack uses this card to attack "Scarred Warrior" and win. Yusei had planned to use "Synchro Deflector", but didn't get to, as he abandoned his Duel Runner to save Sect Ijuin.
- In Ride 10, this is seen holding its scythe up to Greiger's neck in a flashback of Jack beating Greiger.
- In Ride 21, Jack uses this card during his Turbo Duel against Sect. He Synchro Summons this card via "Synchro Call", which lets him tune "Gash the Dust Lord" on his field and "Magical King Moonstar" in his Graveyard. This card attacks "Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons", but due to its own effect, "Beelze" isn't destroyed by battle and increases its own ATK by the damage Sect took. At this point, the Skeleton Knight interrupts the duel and takes Sect away.
- In Ride 34, this card is seen in a flashback.
- In Ride 45, Jack uses this card during his Turbo Duel against Rex Goodwin. He Synchro Summons this card by tuning "Phantom King Hydride" with "Gash the Dust Lord". This card attacks and destroys Rex's "Celestial Tuner", even with the latter's effect doubling its ATK. Jack then activates "Instant Tune", Special Summoning it as a Level 1 Tuner monster, and tunes this card with "Instant Tune" to Synchro Summon "Hot Red Dragon Archfiend". Two chapters later, Jack revives this card using "Clinch Reborn". On Rex's next turn, he activates "Providential Injustice" to destroy this card, allowing him to Synchro Summon "Ascension Sky Dragon".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.