- This card's effect could destroy one card on the opponent's side of the field while inflicting half of the Tributed monster's ATK to the monster's owner. If its second effect to inflict damage is activated, the tributed monster's ATK was first increased by 600 to increase the effect damage by 300.
- When this card's effect is activated, the Tributed monster is shown getting onto the catapult on this monster before being launched. During Duelist Kingdom, this card will usually aim the the Tributed monster at specific targets made by the controller. Starting with the Virtual World Arc, this card will usually aim the Tributed monster at the opponent.
- In episode 15, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against PaniK. After summoning this card, Yugi activates this card's effect to increase the ATK of "Gaia the Dragon Champion" by 600 and Tribute it to fire "Gaia the Dragon Champion" at PaniK's "Castle of Dark Illusions". This causes Yugi to take damage equal to half the ATK of "Gaia the Dragon Champion", but it also destroys the castle's 'Flotation Ring'. After Yugi ended his turn, the effect of "Swords of Revealing Light" expired, and that caused the "Castle of Dark Illusions" to fall down and crush PaniK's monsters ("Barox", "Dark Chimera", "King of Yamimakai" and "Metal Guardian"). "Chaos Shield" then inflicts damage to PaniK equal to the DEF of "Castle of Dark Illusions", winning Yugi the Duel.
- In episode 30, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Mai Valentine. After summoning this card, Yugi activates this card's effect to Tribute Mai's "Harpie's Pet Dragon" (who Yugi took control of via "Brain Control"), inflict half the ATK of "Harpie's Pet Dragon" as damage to Mai, and destroy Mai's "Mirror Wall". Mai was about to attack this card with her "Harpie Lady" and win the duel, but she chose not to as she assumed Yugi's set card was a trap. This turned out to be a bluff as Yugi then activates "Monster Recovery" to return this card and his hand to his Deck and draw five new cards.
- In episode 42, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Rebecca Hawkins. After this card is summoned, Yugi activates "Brain Control" to take control of Rebecca's "Millennium Shield". Yugi then activates this card's effect to Tribute "Millennium Shield" and inflict half its ATK as damage to Rebecca. "Summoned Skull" then attacks and destroys "Cannon Soldier". Later Rebecca activates "Judgment Blaster" to destroy this card and "Summoned Skull".
- In episode 45, Yami Yugi uses this card during the Legendary Heroes arc. He uses this card to launch "Kuriboh" at the "Great Moths". Yugi then activates "Multiply" to turn "Kuriboh" into a swarm. The swarm then hits and self destructs on the "Great Moths", destroying them.
- In episode 111, the Big Five use this card during their Tag Duel against Yami Yugi and Joey Wheeler. Crump Normal Summons this card without Tribute due to "A Legendary Ocean". This card then gains 200 ATK and DEF from the effect of "A Legendary Ocean" and 200 more ATK from the Deck Master Ability of "Nightmare Penguin". After Joey activates "Harpie's Feather Duster" to destroy "A Legendary Ocean", this card loses the boost it got from "A Legendary Ocean". After Johnson takes over for Crump, this card loses the boost it got from the Deck Master Ability of "Nightmare Penguin". In the next episode, Johnson activates this card's effect to Tribute "Hysteric Fairy" and inflict half of the latter's ATK as damage to Joey (He wanted to eliminate Joey first as he believed that Joey was the weaker Duelist that he was Dueling). Later "Rocket Warrior" (whose ATK was 2500 due to Joey using the Deck Master ability of "Flame Swordsman") attacks and destroys this card. Johnson then activates "Revenge Sacrifice" to Tribute "Rocket Warrior" and Special Summon "Machine King".
- In episode 113, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he remembers Joey using the Deck Master ability of "Flame Swordsman" to transfer 1000 of its ATK to "Rocket Warrior" which is why Joey was able to use "Silver Dollar" on "Flame Swordsman" when it intercepted the attack "Berserk Dragon" made on "Dark Magician".
- In episode 158, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Rafael. He Tribute Summons this card by Tributing "Big Shield Gardna". This card then gains 500 ATK due to "The Seal of Orichalcos". Yami Yugi planned to tribute his "Kuribabylon" for this card's effect, but Rafael activates "Limit Tribute" to allow both players to tribute only one monster per turn. Rafael then activates "Nightmare Binding" to prevent "Kuribabylon" from being used as a tribute. Yami Yugi then activates this card's effect to Tribute his "Dark Magician" and inflict half of the latter monster's ATK as damage to Rafael. On Yami's next turn, he activates this card's effect to Tribute "Dark Magician Girl" and inflict half of the latter monster's ATK as damage to Rafael, but Rafael activates "Shrink" to halve the ATK of "Dark Magician Girl". The effect continues. This card remained on the field until the Duel was over.
- An important theme of this episode's is Yami Yugi's reckless usage of this card's effect to carelessly damage Rafael for the sole purpose of winning. Therefore, Yami Yugi disrespects his monsters by just using them for personal gain.
- In episode 160, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he remembers using "Dark Magician Girl" for this card's effect.
- This card is seen in another flashback Yami Yugi has when he saw that his own monsters were angry at him for his selfish actions and when he lost his Duel with Rafael.
- In episode 163, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. He Tribute Summons this card by Tributing "Obnoxious Celtic Guard". This card then gains 500 ATK due to "The Seal of Orichalcos". Yami Yugi then remembers Yugi's strategy as the same strategy he used against Rafael. Like Yami Yugi when he Dueled against Rafael, Yugi uses this card's effect just for his own good by using the said effect just to fight. Yugi then Tributes "Queen's Knight" to activate this card's effect, inflicting damage to Yami Yugi equal to half the total ATK of "Queen's Knight". Yugi then Tributes "Dark Magician Girl" to activate this card's effect inflicting damage to Yami Yugi equal to half of "Dark Magician Girl's" total ATK, but Yami Yugi activates "Divine Wind" to nullify the damage he would take and inflict damage to Yugi equal to the damage Yami Yugi would have taken plus 500, winning Yami Yugi the Duel. By doing this, Yami Yugi was able to conquer the darkness in his heart and regain control over his emotions.
- This card also appears in a flashback that Yami Yugi has when he remembers the strategy he used against Rafael that was not only ruthless but also selfish.
- In episode 174, this card appears in a flashback Rafael has when he remembers defeating Yami Yugi back at the desert, but taking Yugi's soul instead of Yami Yugi's due to the former pushing the latter out of the way at the last second.
- In episode 168, this card can be seen in a display case among others as part of a replica of Yugi Muto's Deck.
- In episode 179, this card can be seen in a display case among others as part of a replica of Yugi Muto's Deck.
- In episode 63, when the High Council tell the story of how the Friendship Cup began, this monster is seen being used by a troublemaker riding a Duel Runner, who appears to be launching off this monster's catapult as he activates "Smashing Ground". This flashback is revisited in episode 76.
- In the non-canon duel YCS Providence 2012 Special: Mai, Joey and Yugi vs. Pegasus and Bakura, Yami Yugi uses this card against Pegasus. Due to the effect of "Cost Down", this card is treated as Level 3 in the hand, allowing Yugi to Normal Summon this card without Tribute. The same turn, he uses "Catapult Turtle's" effect, Tributing his "Silver Fang" to destroy Pegasus' "Toon World". Later, after Yami Bakura takes over for Pegasus, Bakura uses "Dark Spirit of the Silent" to force "Catapult Turtle" to attack Bakura's "Jowgen the Spiritualist". As "Dark Spirit of the Silent" forces this card into Attack Mode, Yugi takes battle damage when Bakura attacks and destroys "Catapult Turtle" with "Dark Ruler Ha Des".
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.