- In episode 60, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Arkana. He uses this card to make players discard their entire hands and draw a new hand as he figured Arkana had cheated so that he would draw his "Dark Magician" in his first hand.
- In episode 71, Yugi uses this card during his Tag Duel with Seto Kaiba against Lumis and Umbra after Kaiba implies that the cards in his hand are useless. After "The Masked Beast" destroys Kaiba's "Battle Ox" in battle, Yugi activates this card to force all players to discard their entire hands and draw new hands. This activates the effect of Yugi's "Beast of Gilfer", allowing Yugi to equip it onto "The Masked Beast" and decrease its ATK by 500 (not revealed until the next episode).
- In episode 76, this card is shown in Yugi's hand during his Duel against Joey Wheeler while the latter was being possessed by Marik Ishtar. Joey took this card from Yugi's hand after Yugi activates "Exchange" to force both players to exchange one card in their hand with each other. This is the beginning of Joey's resistance of Marik, who had told him to take "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" from Yugi's hand. In the next episode, this card is shown to be in Joey's hand.
- In episode 83, this card is seen in Yami Yugi's hand during his Duel against Yami Bakura. In the next episode, this card is still shown to be in Yami Yugi's hand.
- In episode 85, this card can be seen when Yugi is rebuilding his Deck.
- In episode 108, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
- In episode 109, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto that his treachery began when Gozaburo gave him a large sum of money to test Seto's business skills.
- In episode 111, Yugi uses this card during his Tag Duel with Joey against the Big Five. He activates this card to force all players to discard their hands and draw new hands. This prevents the Big Five from activating "A Legendary Ocean" (which they had retrieved from the Graveyard via the Flip Effect of "Magician of Faith").
- In episode 118, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Noah Kaiba. After Noah activates "Ground Breaking" to add "Inaba White Rabbit" from his Graveyard to his hand (as Noah was planning to use it to win the Duel), Yami Yugi activates this card to force all players to discard their hands and draw new hands.
Battle City Finals
- In episode 129, this card is seen in a flashback Yugi has when he remembers the last time he used "Exchange" and how the latter card helped him save Joey from Marik's mind control.
- In episode 131, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Kaiba. When "Obelisk the Tormentor" attacks "Slifer the Sky Dragon" (whose ATK was 3000 due to its own effect), Yugi activates this card to force both players to discard their entire hands and draw new hands. Yugi then activates "Disgraceful Charity" to make both players add the cards they discarded to their hand. This increases the ATK of "Slifer the Sky Dragon" to 6000, but this also allows Kaiba to activate "Thirst for Compensation" which Special Summons "Blade Knight" and "Sword of Soul" from Kaiba's hand. This activates the second mouth effect of "Slifer", but Kaiba activates "Card Guard" to prevent his monsters from being destroyed this turn and discard one card from his hand.
Waking the Dragons
- In episode 163, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Yami Yugi. After Yugi shuffles his deck due to the effect of "Sangan", Yugi uses this card on the following turn to force both players into discarding their entire hand and drawing a new hand. Up until this point, Yugi and Yami Yugi's hands had been identical, but this card causes their cards and paths to diverge.
- In episode 220, this card is shown when Yami Yugi is shown building his Deck for the Ceremonial Battle.
- In episode 65, Mad Dog uses this card during his Duel against Zane Truesdale. After Zane didn't draw any Machine-type monsters via the effect of "Contingency Fee", Mad Dog activates this card to make both players discard their entire hand and draw a new hand. This causes Zane to draw four Machine-types. The effect of "Last Machine Acid Virus" then activates, destroying all the Machines Zane drew and inflicting 500 damage to Zane for each Machine destroyed. With four destroyed, Zane takes 2000 damage.
- In episode 72, Howard X Miller uses this card during his Duel against Jaden Yuki. He uses this card to make both players discard their entire hand and draw a new hand. Since "Elegant Light LV4" was sent to the Graveyard by this card's effect, its effect activates, allowing X to Special Summon "Trap Sluzer".
- In chapter 5, Bastion Misawa uses this card against Jaden Yuki, correctly guessing that Jaden's hand contained "Polymerization".
- In episode 86, the Giant uses this card during his Ground Duel against Kalin Kessler. He uses this card to make both players discard their entire hand and draw a new one (the Giant intended to have this card's effect force Kalin to draw four new cards. Doing this will activate the effect of Giant's "Illegal Keeper", which will return Kalin's hand to his Deck and inflict 1000 damage to Kalin)., but Kalin activates "Full Salvo" to send his hand to the Graveyard and inflict 800 damage to the Giant (200 for each card sent to the Graveyard this way). Since Kalin's hand was empty, only Giant was forced to discard.
- In episode 134, this card is shown in the Three Emperors of Yliaster's visions of the future. It is shown being used in a Ground Duel between two unknown Duelists.
- This card appears in Paradox's explanation when he tells Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei that the reason why he came to the past was so that he could prevent his own bad future from happening. Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei disagreed with going along with Paradox's plan as Paradox's actions will destroy and ruin their eras in time since they revolved around Duel Monsters.
- In the non-canon duel YCS Providence 2012 Special: Mai, Joey and Yugi vs. Pegasus and Bakura, Yugi draws this card against Yami Bakura on the last turn via "Card of Sanctity". Yugi subsequently activates this card, discarding "Curse of Dragon", "Des Volstgalph", "Jack's Knight", "Queen's Knight" and "Giant Soldier of Stone"; Bakura discards "Man-Eater Bug" with five other cards. Among the five cards Yugi draws are "Premature Burial", "Polymerization" and "Buster Blader". The same turn, the presence of "Curse of Dragon" and "Des Volstgalph" in the Graveyard due to this card's effect increases the ATK of Yugi's "Dark Paladin".
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2014 Special: Astral vs. Yugi, Yugi activates this card on his first turn, discarding "Brain Control", "Mystical Elf", Burning Land" and "Gaia the Fierce Knight". Astral discards "Rai Rider" and four other cards, three of which are later revealed to be "Interceptomato", "Flelf", and "Rainbow Kuriboh". One of the cards Yugi draws is "Pot of Greed". This card's activation gives a Spell Counter to Yugi's "Skilled Dark Magician".
- Jaden Yuki, Chumley Huffington, Lyman Banner, Amnael, Kagemaru, Blair Flannigan, Slade Princeton, Jagger Princeton, Wade, Lioside, Corey, Nova, Hide, Disa, Lily and Inoso use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.