This card did not have a cost.
- In the anime, this card's effect is usually represented by the brain in this card's artwork grabbing the targeted monster and placing it on the controller's side of the field.
- In episode 30, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Mai Valentine. He uses this card to take control of Mai's "Harpie's Pet Dragon".
- The brain used for this card's effect in hologram form is shown and used differently compared to later appearances. In this episode, the brain had no arms and took control of the targeted monster through brain waves, which would cause the monster to switch sides.
- In episode 33, this card appears when Yami Yugi explains to Joey Wheeler that Duel Monsters is about the balance between Monster, Spell and Trap Cards.
- In episode 39, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Maximillion Pegasus. He uses this card to take control of Pegasus's "Relinquished". Pegasus thought that was suicide until Yami Yugi activates "Dark Magic Ritual" to Tribute "Dark Magician" and "Jigen Bakudan" (who was equipped onto "Relinquished" due to the latter's effect) and Ritual Summon "Magician of Black Chaos". On Yami Yugi's End Phase, control of "Relinquished" went back to Pegasus.
- This is the only instance in which this card's effect actually expired on the End Phase. Usually the monster targeted by this card's effect is removed from the field before this happens, or, in another case, the Duel ended before the End Phase occurred.
- In episode 42, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Rebecca Hawkins. He uses this card to take control of Rebecca's "Millennium Shield".
- In episode 60, Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Arkana. He uses this card to take control of Arkana's "Legion the Fiend Jester".
- In episode 67, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against Strings while the latter was possessed by Marik Ishtar. He uses this card to take control of "Revival Jam" after it revives itself through its own effect. This activates the effect of Strings's "Slifer the Sky Dragon", which destroys "Revival Jam". "Revival Jam" then revives itself through its own effect. This activates the effect of "Card of Safe Return", forcing Strings to draw three cards. The effect of "Slifer the Sky Dragon" would then activate again, which starts the Infinite Loop all over again. The Infinite Loop continued until Strings Decked Out, which wins Yami Yugi the Duel.
- In episode 74, this card appears in a flashback Yami Yugi has when he reminds Kaiba that he saw a Rare Hunter being possessed by Marik.
- This card also appears all three times when small clips are shown going through a black background before we see a flashback of a Battle City Duel(s).
- In the non-canon duel World Championship 2013 Special: Mai vs. Yugi, this card can be seen at the bottom of Yugi's Deck after the duel.
- In the non-canon duel North American WCQ 2014 Special: Astral vs. Yugi, Yugi discards this card with "Card Destruction". On his next turn, Yugi adds this card back from the Graveyard to his hand by the effect of "Dark Magician of Chaos". Yugi then plays it to take control of Astral's "Number 39: Utopia". On Yugi's End Phase, control of "Utopia" goes back to Astral.
- Vellian Crowler, Para, Dox, Jinzo, Mimicry, Hose, Walter, Simon, Jaime, Syun, Maki, Disa, Jewels, Emperor.Umiuma and Sironos use this in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.