Early manga and first series anime
- The attack of this monster is called "Breath of Flames" (炎のブレス) in the Japanese manga and "Flame Breath" in the English manga.
- In Duel 9, "Blackland Fire Dragon" had its first apparition on a minor Duel between Yugi and Jonouchi at their school. Yugi Summoned this monster and destroyed Jonouchi's "Zombie".
- In Duel 9, in the first Duel between Kaiba and Yugi, Yugi Summoned this card to destroy Kaiba's "Ryu-Kishin".
Second Series Anime
- In episode 1, Yugi Muto uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. After he summons this card, Yugi uses this card to attack and destroy Joey's "Kagemusha of the Blue Flame", winning him the Duel.
- In episode 109, this card appears in a flashback Leichter has when he explains to Seto Kaiba that his treachery began when Gozaburo Kaiba gave him a large amount of dollars to test Seto's business skills.
- In episode 186, Yami Yugi uses this card during his Duel against the KC DuelTek 760 while the former was using Rick's Deck. He draws this card and five other Dragon-type monsters via the effect of "Heart of the Underdog". Yugi later discards this card and the five other Dragon-type Normal Monsters that he drew, so that "Spirit Ryu" would gain 1000 ATK for each Dragon discarded.
- In episode 193, Vivian Wong uses this card during her Duel against Yami Yugi. She discards this card from her Deck to the Graveyard via the effect of "Flying Dragon Whirl".
- Chazz Princeton's manga counterpart used this card.
- This card appears in the GX Japanese closing song, Borderline Battle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.