Duelist Kingdom/Pre-Duelist Kingdom Arc
- This card was originally played on the first duel between Yami Yugi and Seto Kaiba, that took place only in the original manga and the first series anime. Seto used this monster to destroy Yugi's "Blackland Fire Dragon", and then increased its strength through "Megamorph" to 2040, in order to destroy Yugi's "Mystical Elf". This monster continued to destroy Yugi's monsters for several turns until it was defeated by "Summoned Skull".
- When Yami Yugi dueled The Death Imitator, the Death Imitator summoned this monster during his first turn to remind Yugi of his first duel against Kaiba. This would have created a conflict in the second series anime since that duel was omitted. Thus, this card was changed to "Hitotsu-Me Giant" for the second series anime.
- In episode 16, Seto Kaiba uses this card during his Duel against Joey Wheeler. He Normal Summons this card on the first turn of the Duel. On Kaiba's next turn, this card attacks and destroys Joey's "Armored Lizard". Later "Flame Swordsman" attacks this card, but this card's effect then decreased the ATK of "Flame Swordsman" by 300. This card then destroys "Flame Swordsman". Kaiba then activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with "Mystic Horseman" in order to Fusion Summon "Rabid Horseman".
- In episode 22, this card was seen in Seto Kaiba's hand during his Duel against Yami Yugi. In the next episode, Kaiba Normal Summons this card in Attack Position and uses it to attack and destroy "Silver Fang". Later "Griffore" (whose ATK was 1900 due to "Horn of the Unicorn") attacks and destroys this card.
- In episode 27, Seto Kaiba uses this card during his Duel against Maximillion Pegasus. He sets this card in Defense Position. "Dark Rabbit" (whose ATK was 2200 due to "Negative Energy") then attacks and destroys this card.
Battle City/Virtual World Arcs
- In episode 54, Seto Kaiba uses this card during his Duel against a Duel Machine. After this card is Normal Summoned, Kaiba uses this card to attack and destroy the machine's set monster, but then it reveals that the set monster is "Cyber Jar". The Flip Effect of "Cyber Jar" then activates, destroying this card.
- In episode 70, this card is shown in Seto Kaiba's hand during his Tag Duel with Yami Yugi against Lumis and Umbra. In the next episode, Kaiba Normal Summons this card in Defense Position. Later "The Masked Beast" attacks Yugi directly, but Kaiba orders this card to intercept the attack. "The Masked Beast" then destroys this card.
- In episode 108, this card appears in a flashback explained by Leichter when he reminds Seto Kaiba that his birthday gift from Gozaburo Kaiba was where all the mistakes made by Seto himself began.
Doma/KC Grand Prix Arcs
- In episode 185, the KC DuelTek 760 uses this card during its Duel against an unknown boy. On the last turn of the Duel, the computer activates "DNA Surgery" to turn all monsters on the field into Dragon-Type monsters. It then activates "Polymerization" to fuse this card with four "Sheep Tokens" in order to Fusion Summon "Five-Headed Dragon".
- In episode 194, this card appears within a flashback Zigfried von Schroeder had when he remembered himself being too late to show off his new invention that will revolutionize Duel Monsters to Pegasus. By the time he arrived, Seto Kaiba had already shown the same invention to Pegasus, thus leading Kaiba's company to rise up more than ever and leaving Zigfried with nothing. This card is shown in holographic form when we see Pegasus accepting Kaiba's new Holographic Duel Monster image system.
Millennium World/Ceremonial Battle Arcs
- The Priest Seto summoned this card in spirit form to battle against the Thief King Bakura. Later, it was fused with "Mystic Horseman" by the power of the Millennium Scale to create "Rabid Horseman".
- This monster appeared in Episode 8 as one of the monsters in the labyrinth. It attempted to attack Joey, who summoned Red-Eyes Black Dragon. But Red-Eyes was too large and was cramped in the labyrinth corridor, leaving it unable to attack Battle Ox. However Battle Ox was destroyed by the timely appearance of Tristan and his new Shovel Crusher.
- In episode 7, this card appears in a flashback Bolt Tanner has when he notes that after he lost to Jack Atlas, he quit being a professional Duelist, but he didn't abandon Dueling. He then apparently began competing in underground Duels and barely pulled off victories. An opponent is shown using this card during an underground Ground Duel against Bolt Tanner. He Normal Summons this card in Attack Position. Tanner then Normal Summons "Jirai Gumo" and uses it to attack and destroy this card.
- This card appears in Paradox's explanation when he tells Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei that the reason why he came to the past was so that he could prevent his own bad future from happening. Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei disagreed with going along with Paradox's plan as Paradox's actions will destroy and ruin their eras in time since they revolved around Duel Monsters.
- In episode 101, this monster appears as the guardian of "Number 65: Djinn Buster"; he was defeated by Number 96.
- "Battle Ox" was a Level 6 monster on the original manga, but it was changed to Level 4 for the anime to avoid conflicts with real OCG. It also had the following effect:
Decrease the ATK of any FIRE monster that battles with this card by 300 points, only during the Damage Step.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.