"CXyz", which is an abbreviation of "Chaos Xyz" (
"CXyz" monsters are created by the Barians for the sole purpose of subduing the "Number" monsters. Overlay Units attached to "CXyz" monsters take the form of red diamond shaped crystals as opposed to glowing orbs, and are referred as "Chaos Overlay Units" rather than "Overlay Units" in the anime.
Like monsters that can utilize Chaos Xyz Evolution, these monsters require an additional Xyz Material but with 1 higher Level in a regular Xyz Summon, since they themselves are 1 Rank higher than their respective original counterparts.
So far, all of the "CXyz" monsters, except "CXyz Simon the Great Moral Leader", "CXyz Zubaba Saikyo General", and CXyz Barian Hope, can inflict effect damage and all "CXyz" monsters except "CXyz Mechquipped Djinn Angeneral" and "CXyz Dark Fairy Cheer Girl" have the same Attribute as their original counterparts. Visually, they are all tied together by the presence of glowing red energy on their bodies, energy from the Barian World.
- CXyz monsters tend to be darker/scarier versions of the original monster with red Barian energy coursing through the monster itself. The artwork also contains a spiral for a background.
- This archetype can be compared to the "Meklord Emperor" archetype.
- Both were specifically used to stop and restrain the key monsters of the protagonists of an anime series ("Number" monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL and Synchro Monsters in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's respectively)
- Both can absorb specific targets to leave their opponents defenseless, with "Meklord Emperors" being able to equip Synchro Monsters to themselves, and "CXyz" monsters being able to detach Xyz Materials from opposing "Numbers" and attach them to themselves, crippling their opponents' effects.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 76: "Hard Knox"