In reality, the glyphs are a cipher of Japanese. Each glyph is a stylized version of a letter from the Latin alphabet. A word written in Japanese phonology can be converted to Barian by converting the word to romaji and then replacing each letter with its corresponding Barian glyph. As the letters "c", "j", "l", "q", "v" and "x" are not used in standard Japanese romanizations, they do not have Barian glyphs.
|This section is missing information.|
- The story from Duel Terminal - Champion of Chaos!! was written in the glyphs when they appeared on a slab and a screen in front of Dr. Faker.
- The glyphs appear in the artwork of "Rank-Up-Magic Limited Barian's Force".
- The glyphs appear when "Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon" uses its "Tachyon Transmigration" effect.
- Two letter "X" glyphs appear on the shield of "Number XX: Utopic Dark Infinity".
The following cards have been shown in Barian glyphs.
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 55: "Portal of Doom"
- ↑ Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL episode 83: "Sphere Cube Calamity: Part 2"